I had a different problem in the past with the same godot project. I pulled a working version from git, still a problem. Put it on another computer, with freshly downloaded Godot, STILL A PROBLEM. Then on the original pc I did some editing and accidently got it working again. That tells me that Godot is not independent enough from the code because even though I installed a first-time install of Godot on the other laptop, it still failed.
Since pulling a working version from Git still did not work, then all that is left is something wrong with godot itself, or maybe the registry. (can't remember if I tried reinstalling godot cause that (mostly) would have tested that theory.
Actually, it just occurred to me that it might be traced to a bug in gdscript since it's not a 'real' language, so the bug would have propagated via the project to the other laptop. If it's a problem with GDscript as opposed to some state Godot preserves for itself, then reinstalling Godot won't fix the problem either. That leaves me blindly hacking my way around a bug in the IDE itself, or perhaps reimporting everything, ugh
But yes, thanks for the testing and suggestion. Ignorance on my part would been the easier pill to swallow though lol!