Finally, another video 🙂 It's been a while. The project is not dead. Just life getting in the way.
Some of the new things:
- New mockup Player design
- New enemy, Drone added.. kamikaze style flying to kill you.
- Camera shakes
- 3-step combo with a ground power punch as 3rd hit
- When killing an enemy with a melee attack, the death of the enemy will spawn cooldown pickups
- Tweaks to the controller. Gameplay flows much better now.
- Dash now has a limiter of 2 and fills up within a few seconds.
- UI update, Dash limited displayed with two dots over the health bar
- UI update, All weapons heat meters are now displayed. The inactive secondary weapon greyed out.
- Leaderboard implemented and connected to a server database
- Tons of code re-written to be better and more organized (will help with further development as the game grows)
Tons of bugs have been hammered out. However, I still have some micro stutter issues I need to resolve. I also tested Effekseer, the ground power punch. It has a great editor to create the designs, but I feel the implementation isn't the greatest, so I will replace that and return to Godot's native particle engine.
I'm experiencing something strange. When I run the game through the editor, the game runs at solid 60fps (besides the stutter issues). However, when running a build of the game, I get very bad performance. Any idea what can cause this?