Shadows in my Mac export are too dark.

Hello,

I'm exporting my first 3D game for Windows and Mac. The shadows in my Mac export are really dark and it is hard to make out detail in them. Many of my textures look more metallic in the mac version as well, though this is less of a concern for me. I have included images of both the Windows version and the Mac version below.

I have built the game on Godot 3.4.2 on Windows. I tried changing the light bake mode to 'all' and clicking the 'high resolution' button on the mac export options. I have one directional light (pictured) and two omni lights, and I am having the same issue with all of them.

Does anyone have any advice on how to fix the shadows in my Mac export?

Tags :

Best Answer

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 5,317
    Accepted Answer

It looks like it's an issues with the environment lighting. I find that adding a WorldEnvironment works best (sometimes the Camera overrides are not a good solution for everything). If you are using BakedLightmap, then you want to save your Sky (from the WorldEnvironment), and load that into the BakedLightmap node under scene lighting.

Answers

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 5,317Moderator
    Accepted Answer

It looks like it's an issues with the environment lighting. I find that adding a WorldEnvironment works best (sometimes the Camera overrides are not a good solution for everything). If you are using BakedLightmap, then you want to save your Sky (from the WorldEnvironment), and load that into the BakedLightmap node under scene lighting.

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 4,803Admin

1 thing to consider is that PC is sRGB gamma 2.2, but apple has their own standard and it's gamma 1.8

• CalinouCalinou Posts: 1,384Admin Godot Developer

Is the project using GLES3 or GLES2? Which kind of global illumination solution are you using (GIProbe, BakedLightmap, ReflectionProbe, nothing)?

• stankCatstankCat Posts: 2Member

Thank you for all the replies. Increasing the energy of the ambient light in the WorldEnvironment node fixed the issue.

@Calinou said:
    Is the project using GLES3 or GLES2? Which kind of global illumination solution are you using (GIProbe, BakedLightmap, ReflectionProbe, nothing)?

The project is in GLES3 and I am using no global illumination solution. I have a WorldEnvironment with a Sky and a spatial node with two omni lights and a directional light as children.

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 5,317Moderator

It might be the format of the skybox. I find that HDR format gives the best lighting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file