Hi, new here! Sharing my little project. Hope you like!

ami7minaami7mina Posts: 31Member

It's called Aerth.

It's a WIP.
beginner at programming. I hope it turns out to be something I like to play and won't get tired of.

Goal: I just want to make a very beautiful game. A sandbox game but that is still too far. I will try to make the game simple while I learn the language. Also to not be stressed. This is a life project.

The intention is to make a fully customizable character.
Here's a preview for now.

Comments

• ami7minaami7mina Posts: 31Member

Not bad for a Sunday. Rest day. Figured out that scale.x=-1 via $Position2D and learned thru Youtube how to make ffalling leaves thanks to this tut:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lmzjiMh6LLs

Here's a picture update:

Ugh. Thelayering of the outfit of this game. Is driving me insane.

Here's an example of a player character that is facing right: A single Player.tscn

Facing the Right/Right Facing:

Aura *

Wings/Cape *
    Bag Accessory (Bag back -body) *
    Headwear Back
    Outfit Back (Coat back)
    Hair Back 1
    Hair Back 2

Left Arm

Left Leg
    Left Sock *
    Left Shoe *

Left Weapon *
    Left Hand Weapon Grasp *
    Left Gloves/Ring *
    Left Bracer *
    Left Bracelet *
    Left Sleeve Outfit 1 *
    Left Shoulder Pad *

Left Weapon *
    Left Hand Grasp

Torso
    Head
    Hair Front Base

Right Leg
    Right Sock *
    Right Arm
    Right Gloves/Ring*
    Right Bracer *
    Right Bracelet *
    Right Sleeve Outfit 1 *

Lips
    Eyes
    Nose
    Eyebrows

Makeup *
    Tattoo/War Paint *
    Piercings *
    Face Accessory (Glasses etc) *
    Earrings Left (Hidden by face) *
    Earrings Right *

Bangs Below Left
    Panty *
    Bra *
    Undies/Swimwear
    Leggings *
    Pants*
    Shorts *
    Skirt *
    Bangs Below (right)
    Outfit Top 1*
    Belt *
    Dress *
    Outfit Outerwear (Coats/jacket etc) *
    Necklace *
    Bag Front straps *

Bangs
    Bangs Side (right)

Headwear 1
    Headwear 2 *

Note: * means new layer added.

This is for a character only facing the right. It will be different if the character facing the left. (the right parts will go back)
    I don't know any 2d game that does this. This is a character customization for an asymmetrical costume design.

I hope I could pull this off somehow. I need to reedit this:

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 5,318Moderator

It looks awesome! Nice job.

@cybereality said:
    It looks awesome! Nice job.

Thank you very much! I will work harder. :)

Nothing new to update much, just working on the concept of the U.I thru my imagination. Listing all settings categories. inventory, quests, achievements collections travel(portals0, skills, quests, etc..
    but at least i now have a theme design for the UI and it will be Tartaria inspired.

Just one of the bunnies I made (still, W.I.P.)

Also, food (need more, seriously lacking.)

I like the bunny.

• some_lame_kidsome_lame_kid Posts: 179Member

dude I love rabbits

In a design rut atm. Thinking of a good layout for item inventory. I need to find a way to make 64x 64 item slot fit the window without covering the player.

Someday I will finish all the animations.
    I haven't done the run and fall from jump, sit on mount idle and sit on mount walk/run weapon swing right, weapon swing let, both arms swing, magick attack left, magicaattack right, both hands magic attack.
    it might be maybe 50 frames all in all - only for facing the right and i have to double that for the left side and edit all costumes for that so you can hae assymetrical costume too. I can't bother iwth clothes yet i need to finish the basic nude player animations first.

So for now, here's a gif of how the female player walks. , and a bunny walking.. or hoping.

I wish I know more of coding. I'm such a lazy reader. If I was I would code the bunny to be a pet to follow and just play around. Watch out for baby bunnies. will make many animals and their little babies. I'm just one penniless person living in my mom's house dealing with my own depression. Using a mouse that is broken which I glue gunned but with no middle click. ugh TMI.
    anyway have a nice night.

Hmm.. I don't know... not satisfied. I might scrap it. At least I got the size perfectly 46 x 46 (just the coding of reducing the items or I may do 46 x 46 smaller item icons.. again, tedious )

Really having a tough time atm with the GUI cause I want the GUI to be these things:
    -Homely
    - Cozy
    - Magical
    - Ethereal
    - Fantasy
    - Old world / Tartaria
    - Ancient
    - Tarot

I will try to do a side by side of 2 or maybe 3 designs (if I'm in the mood)
    IF I come up with another design. Prolly something wooden. (I hate it to be paper cause many games have old paper/scroll thing GUI and I want mine to feel different). like this white marble thing going on. (well at least that's what i wanted it to look like)

The thing that also frustrates me is that, I want some design that I already want or prefer but I worry if it might be too feminine? too flowery, Which makes me think if Players would want a game that has a GUI that's "Too feminine."

Also the borders.. I emailed the person who created those border fonts. It says shareware as I've read the .txt but i wanted to be sure I don't commit anything illegal cause that's what I want to avoid the most lol. an update on that:I received a daemon failure delivery . Was an old geocities email. Searched FB but there are too many of the same name.

anyway, the borderfont is on this link: https://www.fontspace.com/ds-celtic-border-1-font-f1726
    I might give up on the border. and just make my own -_-

Also here's a Logo of the game. I made it using a font which I edited subtly. But I might edit it more I ust need to find the font aain and see what license it is. So I won't be in trouble in the future.

I actually had that issue on a book/visual novel I made. The cover was really feminine, and people thought it was for girls, even though the book had nothing to do with that. I still liked the cover art, but it can definitely have an effect on who the product targets.

@cybereality said:
    I actually had that issue on a book/visual novel I made. The cover was really feminine, and people thought it was for girls, even though the book had nothing to do with that. I still liked the cover art, but it can definitely have an effect on who the product targets.

Whoa. Yeah, these things count. What we want for us VS what we want others to have. Unless I become a better coder and had my game GUI have skins lol. Won't ve anytime soon. Thanks for sharing.

Not much to update.
    the good news is.. there was an extra wired mouse at home they didn't use. And I fixed it so it now has middle click.
    so yeah NEW MOUSE. :)

With that Just doing bunny spots and animating all 34 frames (just for the bunny) for just spots. then another 34 frames just for bunny ribbons and bells. so they could look more like pets. More colors. I'm excited to make pet homes in the future along with a Barn and stables. Saw a good modular inventory on Youtube I might use. For now, I am expecting this game to be like Mario. Since I don't know how to code a swing attack yet. I'll keep my expectations low. My coding level is like .0002 but my art level is 100& lol. I want this game looking like pure ART. I am making this game to my standards. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Here's a preview:

here's some other project that I have put on hiatus since the priority is on the female character:

Update:
    The bunny body is officially DONE.

Here is bunny Migi or usagi Migi His name is Migi (which means right in japanese/nihongo) cause his spots are all in the right.

All 72 frames, run, start to run,, sleep, toface front, to face back, idle state.
    Assymetrical.

Will do pet accessories in the future - hats/bells/collar/ribbons.

That's so cute! Nice job.

edited May 14

@cybereality said:
    That's so cute! Nice job.

Thank you so much.,

I've done some charactercustomization preview for you guys to see.

edited May 15

Edited the enemy sprite today. Since I don't know the code for the movement since it is faced back but moving forwards I just -1 the x.scale. Little cheat there but I'm not happy that I have to flip horizontal the source enemy sprite since I cant code it properly.

Anyway, uploaded Aerth Gameplay if it is even a gameplay lol.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UhZAHESzFqI

Not much to update, de-stressing. Made copper,gold, silver coin animation the otherday.

Now, back to the full female body torture. I really need a bigger monitor. pixels too small 1366 x 768 on 15.6 latop. I hope I find a part time job to buy me that... and a desk cause.. I work in my bed.
    animating 20+ hairs is not easy. that's only the back part of the hair. and it's only the run state. I really want to finish this.once and for all so I could have the game updated.

It's a good thing Aseprite has been such a wonderful program.![] It doesn't take too much space and memory.
    (see how many layers I have. in the scroll)

Want to finish these all so badly.

hopeful #nevergiveup

• Erich_LErich_L Posts: 699Member

I am frightened imagining how much time these take, but they really look good! If I were you I'd take a break from Aseprite and work on the game from another angle- you might discover something you missed and'll end up going back in Aseprrite with a new perspective.

@Erich_L said:
    I am frightened imagining how much time these take, but they really look good! If I were you I'd take a break from Aseprite and work on the game from another angle- you might discover something you missed and'll end up going back in Aseprrite with a new perspective.

Thank you for your advice. :) I have it all in my head., the animations and it's directions Except for the coding. The coding is what is limiting me. cause I know very little and I read like bits of the Godot manual. (lazy reader). I am still thinking of the GUI. maybe stone ruins with vines hanging. something like this if I could make this into a GUI.

Too soon, but it crossed my mind that I should make a free version of this game that lacks other items/features.

• DJMDJM Posts: 470Member

i know how much time goes into 2d animation as im a trained 2d animator myself
    i would like to see more action/reaction in your animations. it lacks "weight"
    take this as constructive criticism please
    coding also slows me down. u cant be good at everything ;)

edited 7:12AM

@DJM said:

Thank you. I don't know how to fix those yet. i think what you mean is distortin the body somewhat to make it look more fluid? like a bouncing ball will be shaped oval when it hits the ground and taller when it is going up. that what u mean?

• DJMDJM Posts: 470Member

@ami7mina said:

@DJM said:

Thank you. I don't know how to fix those yet. i think what you mean is distortin the body somewhat to make it look more fluid? like a bouncing ball will be shaped oval when it hits the ground and taller when it is going up. that what u mean?

yep basic principals of animation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file