Planetary Defense - Colonization and defense, with a focus on infrastructure and transport
Early work in progress, but basic mechanics are playable.
The aim of this project is a large-scale, turn-based economy and transport simulation game with tower defense-like elements.
The player lands on an uninhabited planet and tries to build a well-fortified civilization defying planetary and extra-planetary threats.
Build and grow cities. Manage their surrouding's land use to produce vitally needed food and resources. Build a transport network to supply cities and military facilities. Repel asteroids, alien invasions and other yet unknown dangers.
- Grand strategy sci-fi empire building and economy simulation
- Sophisticated procedural planet generator with elevation, climate and vegetation zones
- Configurable planet characteristics
- Macro-scale economy and logistics
- Cities with automated of manual land use management and production
- Multiple commodities: food, resourced, products and energy (TODO)
- No storage of commodities: everything must be produced just when needed (i.e. static state economy)
- Transport network with agent-based solver to mediate supply and demand on network with limited capacity
- Almost everything needs supplies, so transport infrastructure is critical