Possible better way to handle a closing situation.

OpinionatedGamerOpinionatedGamer Posts: 171Member
edited November 19 in Forum Chat

Hey guys, this question was closed recently. https://godotforums.org/discussion/27983/rabbits-vs-marblez-wip-tower-defense-game-demo-for-feedback#latest

I believe it was closed because it had become an extended/humorous conversation rather than a project showcase, so I understand why action was taken.

However, now that the question is closed, no one can give feedback on the project. =(

I believe that a better solution, would be to move the comments that had become a conversation to a new post, and leave a comment explaining what had happened.

If I am wrong about why the conversation was closed, or am not aware of something else that happened related to the closing, please let me know.

Im not mad at all about the moderators or the actions taken, I just think simply closing the post left a problem.

Thanks!

Comments

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 5,052Admin

I'm not sure why it was closed. It's possible it was accidentally when we were closing other topics and it accidentally got closed too or perhaps it's like you mentioned about the extended humor. I'll open it back up and split the conversation. :+1:

• OpinionatedGamerOpinionatedGamer Posts: 171Member

Thanks!

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 2,780Moderator

Yeah, I was wondering about that myself. I realize the thread had gone pretty far off topic, but everyone seemed to be in a good mood and participating so it seemed odd that it was closed.

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 4,212Admin

Yeah the policy is to just split out off topic posts, unless there's other relevant reasons for closing a topic. In this case I'm quite sure it must have been accidental. Thanks for the heads-up.

edited November 19

@cybereality said:
    Yeah, I was wondering about that myself. I realize the thread had gone pretty far off topic, but everyone seemed to be in a good mood and participating so it seemed odd that it was closed.

yeah, and the OP was participating and having fun as well, so it seemed totally fine. =)

@Megalomaniak said:
    Yeah the policy is to just split out off topic posts, unless there's other relevant reasons for closing a topic. In this case I'm quite sure it must have been accidental. Thanks for the heads-up.

No problem, and glad to hear it. =)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file