Rising PC game studio looking for artists

Twilight FazeTwilight Faze Posts: 4Member
edited November 13 in Job Offerring

Hi Everyone. Hope everyone is doing well. This is my monthly recruitment for my team, Creative Echoes Studios. If you're interested, give this a read or skip down to who we're looking for.

"JEEZ!! Why is it such a wall of text?!"
Because people have asked the same questions over and over in the past and I'm hoping to answer them all in one shot. I've put in this post as a sort of FAQ as well as recruiting.

WHO ARE CREATIVE ECHOES?
We're an up and rising game studio with the goal of creating amazing stories to put into the market. We're not an official studio yet, but I'm working towards getting an LLC once our first game is released. Because we are unofficial, we are all equals. There are no real "employees" or "bosses" yet (myself excluded, obviously), so when you join, you join as a partner.

WHO IS BRETT STRATTON, aka TWILIGHT FAZE?
I'm the founder and owner of the studio itself. I've been a gamer ever since I was 5 years old with Adventure Island for the NES being my very first video game. I've always had a love for stories, RPGs, and adventure-fantasy on many genres and decided, like most people here, to make my own game. My personal project is called The Legend of Ulgaia, formerly The Legend of Pangaea, but I put it on hiatus to focus on Creative Echoes. The trademark ran out on my old name and decided not to renew in favor for the original name over 10 years ago.
Yes, I have a demo of my game if you're interested, but there's a bug I never got around to fixing and I deleted all my old files to remake the game somewhat for the RPG Maker MZ engine, so if you want to try it out, it's at least 1 hour of gameplay minimum and there's only one place where the game will crash, but it's avoidable. I'm rebuilding it from the ground-up to deal with it and other things I wanted to fix up.

WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
I'm all about transparency with team members, so I'll be honest: there's no pay, no benefits, no perks except to potentially become one of the top members of a new studio (It's not an official company yet, after all). For that reason, I always tell people to not quit their day jobs if you got bills to pay. As part of the team, your voice matters, no matter what department you're in. It may be related to the current project, your personal project, future projects, or maybe the studio in general.
That being said, I AM open to commissions, provided the price is right, but those who are interested in joining completely get a higher priority.
I also encourage those with kids to prioritize families. It's not fair to sacrifice your time for a studio that's not official yet while you're raising a family, right?
If you have a game idea of your own, you will be the project lead of your game when it comes time to build it. The dream/goal is for all of us to work as a team to bring our dreams to life. Whether it's just an idea or something already in the works, Creative Echoes is a family that desires to bring dreams to life.
Lastly, we don't have a physical location so you'd be working from home or wherever else you feel comfortable on a time schedule that is best for you. You won't be working 40 hours a week, but I'd appreciate at least an hour or two here or there. I fully expect an update once a week at the minimum. If you're going to have problems with that, but want to stay on the team, just let me know and I can work with you. We have team members in the USA, Europe, and South America, so your location is not an issue!

WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
All in all, I'm looking for people are passionate, motivated, and driven to get the game built and help the studio flourish.
We're in need of a few artists this time around for our upcoming PC game:

------> Map Art Design (URGENT)
Our game is using a random map generator, so we're not concerned with the layout too much. As long as you can do tilesets, we're good!
That being said, we still want the art design of the dungeon to look good so we need someone who is adept at making map designs. We are focused on 2D art for now and hope to move to 3D games in the future.

------> Graphic designer (Logos, button art, etc.)
We need someone who can help create a game's nameplate and logo, the buttons for the title screen and main menu, and other non-RPG Maker art. This can extend to Creative Echoes art as well as our social media pages.

------> SFX
We need someone who can make special effects sounds that are appropriate for any game. Whether it's sci-fi, modern, fantasy, horror, or anything else.

------> Social media manager
We're in the starting stages of marketing both the game and our studio. We need someone who's experienced with making and maintaining multiple social media pages. A website is already in the works and we have a basic Facebook page to start.

All prospects need to message me. This IS an interview, so I will be asking questions and I'm hoping you will send a sample of your work to determine if you will fit into the team.

Don't see a listing but interested but have a skill set you think will benefit the studio and/or the game?
Run it by me. We may or may not need you, but I'll never know unless you ask.

If you're interested or have questions, comment below and I'll do my best to answer as soon as I can. If you're accepted, I'll send you the Discord link. If you have scheduling issues, we can talk to find something that works for you. I believe in compromise.

Thank you for your time and especially to everyone who's been supportive of us and I hope you guys and your families will get through these hard times.

Tags :

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 2,780Moderator

Cool. I'm busy with my own projects but good luck!

• Twilight FazeTwilight Faze Posts: 4Member

Updated the post. The project is at a standstill until we get a map designer. If anyone is interested, please contact me.

Thank you!

• 2DPIXX2DPIXX Posts: 6Member
    edited November 15

@Twilight Faze said:
    That being said, I AM open to commissions, provided the price is right, but those who are interested in joining completely get a higher priority.

Hi there,
    I have some open commission slots if you want to get fast and professional results on your project. Tilesets are my daily business so if you want, start a conversation and get back to me with further details.

My business contact: jana@2dpixx.de
    My guidelines: https://www.2dpixx.de/guidelines.html
    My artstation: https://www.artstation.com/2dpixx

On further note:
    A friendly warning, although you might think of me as a grumpy party pooper afterwards: Random hobbyists on the web will never be as committed to a project as you yourself might feel. It takes a lot of effort to make people see what you see and especially hold up the enthusiasm over the time of development.

So in my honest opinion, if you mean this seriously, invest some money and "hire" a team. Nobody lives on promises and game development is a highly specialized field of skills. On a serious project you want only serious talent. Loosing money hurts and you only do it when you mean it. Best way to test your own commitment imho.

So in my honest opinion, if you mean this seriously, invest some money and "hire" a team. Nobody lives on promises and game development is a highly specialized field of skills. On a serious project you want only serious talent. Loosing money hurts and you only do it when you mean it. Best way to test your own commitment imho.

That's why I'm open to commissions. I know not everyone has the same viewpoint as me. However, that being said, I have 9 others under me who have that same commitment and determination. We operate as a team, not employees/employers. I am in no way offended and appreciate the warning, however everyone in Creative Echoes knew what we signed up for and we support each other. We may APPEAR as hobbyists, but we fiercely believe we can be a known name in the industry. Problem is we're all stone-broke so investing is not easy for any of us.

With all that being said, Your tilesets are definitely interesting and I would like to discuss this more with you. I will contact you after I discuss this with the rest of the team. Thank you again!

• 2DPIXX2DPIXX Posts: 6Member

Thank you for replying and let me say I understand your situation. It is certainly not easy being the organizer of projects such as yours. Respect goes out to you for that alone.

I reacted with some more details via PM

• nitrogamestudiosnitrogamestudios Posts: 29Member

here my portfolio
    artstation

@nitrogamestudios said:
    here my portfolio
    artstation

I see a lot of character art, but I'm looking for a map artist, preferably pixel art. Do you have any of those I can see? (Sorry for the late response. Things have been nuts on my end...)