Android custom export template not optimizing .aab output

Hi All,
I am new to Godot and trying to use custom android template to publish my game for android in .aab format.
I want to optimize my game size hence I have created custom export template which is working when I am exporting in .apk format, but when I am trying to use the custom template for .aab export it is not optimizing the output and the file size is not optimize.

game.apk (39mb) ->(used export template) - game.apk(24mb)
game.aab(34mb) ->(used export template) - game.aab(34mb) [Not expected]

Godot3.3.2 - Mono - C#

Please help me if I am missing any thing in the process.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 4,621Admin

This discussion was caught in the moderation queue since you have not confirmed your account yet.

Upon creating your account you should have received an account verification email. The confirmation email may have been incorrectly flagged as spam, so please also check your spam filter. Without confirming your account, future posts may also be caught in the moderation queue. You can resend a confirmation email when you log into your account if you cannot find the first verification email.

(Note: You do not need to repost, the discussion has been moved out and is visible now)

If you need any help, please let us know! You can find ways to contact forum staff on the Contact page. Thanks! :smile:

• CalinouCalinou Posts: 836Admin Godot Developer
    edited June 28

The custom export template field with the APK is not used if you use custom builds for Android. Instead, the android_source.zip file in the export templates folder will be used instead.

I don't remember what are the exact steps to generate this android_source.zip though.

• Nishant PownarkarNishant Pownarkar Posts: 5Member

Hi @Calinou,

Thanks for your reply, it helped me and I am able to use the android_source.zip to reduce my android game.aab file size.

But now I am getting below error and game is not working even when trying on USB debugging.
    Game is launching but crashing immediately.

Error:
    ** platform/windows/os_windows.cpp:2965 - Condition "!process_map->has(p_pid)" is true. Returned: FAILED**

Please help.

Thanks

• CalinouCalinou Posts: 836Admin Godot Developer

Do the editor and export template versions match exactly? If you're using Godot 3.3.2, switch to the 3.3.2-stable tag before compiling to Android by running git checkout 3.3.2-stable in the Godot Git clone.

@Calinou I have the same versions 3.3.2-stable, still not able to get it work.
    Any how, I have released the game, please have a look and let me know your thoughts.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.gappsandsofts.Lock1

Thanks a lot for your support.

• ElonElon Posts: 1Member

I am having this problem to export my game. I even started to redo it, but when performing the export tests the problem reappeared

@Elon , Have you configured the keystore path in Project Export Settings?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file