After almost three years, the Steam Coming Soon page is finally live! Looking for feedback

InkToPixelsInkToPixels Posts: 10Member
edited June 17 in Projects

Took several years to come to this point, and it is very exciting!! But the work just started. Now it is time to promote the game (and work towards finishing it)

Since there are other people here who already released their games (an people who bought games in the past) I would kindly like to ask for you feedback :3

What do you think of the Steam page? I know it is missing a video, and we're working on this but it will take a while since we're only two (sometimes three) people working on this.

What about the banner asking for a wishlist? Do you think that is too much? I don't want it to look like we're begging, but naturally whitelists are extremely importunate to the success of the game.

Any thoughts you might have are really appreciated!

Tags :

Comments

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 3,788Admin
    edited June 17

You mean wish list(your banner gets it right tho)? Whitelist is something else.

The requirements seems a bit odd with the recommended listing only ram: 4GB which is exactly the same as the minimum requirements.

• HippoHippo Posts: 171Member

I'd recommend this video if you haven't seen it yet, it's a long watch but it's packed with some really good information and it was released not too long ago so it should still be very relevant.

Also best of luck with the game and the release!

• InkToPixelsInkToPixels Posts: 10Member
    edited June 17

@Megalomaniak said:
    You mean wish list(your banner gets it right tho)? Whitelist is something else.

The requirements seems a bit odd with the recommended listing only ram: 4GB which is exactly the same as the minimum requirements.

We need to do more tests and will update that. Do you think it has an impact on the wishlist?

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 3,788Admin

Why include recommended specs at all if it isn't saying anything useful? It's just a distraction at that point, and potentially confusing.

@Megalomaniak said:
    Why include recommended specs at all if it isn't saying anything useful? It's just a distraction at that point, and potentially confusing.

That's true, could be a good idea to remove them.

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 1,657Moderator
    edited June 17

Overall, I think it looks good. You can make min and rec spec the same, I see many games do this. But it's good to fill out because gamers on low spec machines might feel more comfortable buying with the info.

In terms of the wishlist, many games put a call to action in the description, or at the end of the video, I don't see why this would be an issue.

@cybereality said:
    Overall, I think it looks good. You can make min and rec spec the same, I see many games do this. But it's good to fill out because gamers on low spec machines might feel more comfortable buying with the info.

In terms of the wishlist, many games put a call to action in the description, or at the end of the video, I don't see why this would be an issue.

Thank you for the feedback. I think the page is performing ok, but only in a few days we'll see the results or lack of.

• Erich_LErich_L Posts: 92Member
    edited June 21

Congrats on getting this far! IMO, the third, fourth, and last screenshot fail to convey much if any information to me about what the game is or how it's played. All it really shows is well... a screenshot. Especially the 4th and last one.

@Erich_L said:
    Congrats on getting this far! IMO, the third, fourth, and last screenshot fail to convey much if any information to me about what the game is or how it's played. All it really shows is well... a screenshot. Especially the 4th and last ones.

Thanks for the point of view. I think you are right. I will attempt to improve them, but hopefully a trailer will solve the problem better.

• SaitodepaulaSaitodepaula Posts: 78Member
    edited June 22

Congratulations! Even if the game is not released yet, I know how difficult it is to get to the point of having a Steam page, keep it up!

About the Steam page, I think it's great overall, because the art of your game is great, so your source material is already good!

But: add a trailer as soon as possible. Most of people don't even look at the page if there is no trailer available!

My suggestions:

1. I think both the header capsule and the small capsule could be improved. In both of them, I've got confused about what is the title of the game.

2. In the header capsule, I think the exclamation targets are a bit distracting, and since they look like a HUD of a robot or drone searching for something, it made me thought that if the title (which is in the same color and size) are part of this HUD, and the title might be "DOWN WITH THE INSTITUTE".

3. In the small capsule, it looks like the title of the game is "SUS Hide, Run, Escape", and it's difficult to understand what is that thing on the side of the boy. And again, the distracting exclamation targets. I think you can stick with the Steam guidelines of only your title in the small capsule, filling almost the entire image.

4. Post a NEWS or ANNOUNCEMENT already. Even if just to say hello, and introduce yourselves. You can tell how you plan to develop the game, if it will launch in early access, if there are going to be updates after launch, and it shows you are active.

5. And a final suggestion is to actually list or name the 80's and 90's retro games that are inspiration. I think people in general will think "cool, this guys are using Game A and B here as inspiration, and remember playing those a lot!".