Some examples of my music

AudiobellumAudiobellum Posts: 27Member
edited June 10 in Art & Design

Hi there, I'm new to the forum. I think this is the right place to share stuff like music, so I'm going to share some of my instrumentals right here. Originally, these instrumentals weren't made to be video game music. However, I'd like to see what you guys think about what I'm capable of. Here's a link to two of my instrumental on my soundcloud(is it appropriate to link to soundcloud here?):

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 1,619Moderator

Really cool. Yeah, it's fine to share music here. I thought the track was a little heavy, but it could work depending on the context. I've been wanting to get back into audio production, what tools did you use?

• AudiobellumAudiobellum Posts: 27Member

I used Fl studio. Here is another instrumental I did, it isn't as heavy:

Oh yeah, I like that one a lot.

@cybereality said:
    Oh yeah, I like that one a lot.

Thanks. There is another one that I'm proud of but, it's a bit on the heavier side still.

If anybody wants to use my instrumentals in a project, they can ask for permission and they can use it for free if I get some sort of promotion in return. I know this thread is about my music but, can I get to hear an example of your music as well?

Nice. That one reminds me of en.abled, probably my favorite artist for a while. Don't have any of my music saved anymore. I used to DJ drum and bass and tried to produce tracks for a bit. I think I was using Reason at that time. There was only 1 track I made that I actually liked, I wasn't that good but I had fun messing with it.

@cybereality said:
    Nice. That one reminds me of en.abled, probably my favorite artist for a while. Don't have any of my music saved anymore. I used to DJ drum and bass and tried to produce tracks for a bit. I think I was using Reason at that time. There was only 1 track I made that I actually liked, I wasn't that good but I had fun messing with it.

I have a hard time finding a specific artist when I search for en.abled but, I'd really like to listen to them now XD. So when you where producing music, did you learn music theory? It's actually shockingly easily to learn; you don't have to learn how to read sheet music to grasp basic music theory concepts. The video that got me started learning music theory was still one from Piano in 21 days (he has an entire program that is free or at least it was free the last time I checked):

Here is another set of videos on basic music theory but, I'll admit that this video wasn't the one I discovered first and therefor it's hard for me to judge where good teaching is concerned:

If you can grasp the basic concepts in those videos, you can move to searching about other basic music theory concepts on Youtube. Now I wouldn't link you to videos on every music theory concept on Youtube but, I'll give you a list of useful music theory jargon to look up if you'd like:

Functional Harmony (most videos on this topic will deal with the major scale but, the same concept applies to the minor scale as well)

Minor Scale

Modes - The Youtube channel 8- minute theory has the only short video on this subject worth walking.

and that's all I can think of right now. All of the music theory concept for piano can easily be translated to guitar as they both share the same tuning system (standard tuning).

Thanks. Sorry, it's enabl.ed. Got the period wrong. This was my favorite song (listen to different stuff now, but I liked this for a while).