Is there any way to change the image that a TileSet uses without having to remake the TileSet?

breadbread Posts: 2Member
in 2D

I'm fairly new to Godot, and I've been spending time recently learning about Godot's TileSets and TileMaps. After a bit of work and research, I was able to make a basic template image for 16x16 tiles using the 3x3 minimal template found in the documentation. I then put the image into a TileSet in a TileMap and got it to work how I wanted after putting in the bitmask and collision. I could then draw art over the template image and it would be reflected in Godot, which was very useful.

What I want to do now is have a way to easily create multiple TileSets or TileMaps whose only difference is the image that they use for textures. That way, I can just focus on making the art for multiple tilesets without having to go through the process of creating a new TileSet resource, making an autotile, and reentering the same bitmask and collision every time. What would be really nice is if there was some way to have a basic scene with just a TileMap that I could give an image to turn into a tileset. That way, I could have the option to modify all of the tilesets I've created at once. I've tried modifying and taking ideas from the code here and here, but nothing has worked.

Answers

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 4,430Admin

This discussion was caught in the moderation queue since you have not confirmed your account yet.

Upon creating your account you should have received an account verification email. The confirmation email may have been incorrectly flagged as spam, so please also check your spam filter. Without confirming your account, future posts may also be caught in the moderation queue. You can resend a confirmation email when you log into your account if you cannot find the first verification email.

(Note: You do not need to repost, the discussion has been moved out and is visible now)

If you need any help, please let us know! You can find ways to contact forum staff on the Contact page. Thanks! :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file