How to do windows game not rect line , like vlc skins(psp) where view port aren't a rectangle

damyandamyan Posts: 7Member
edited November 22 in GUI

i want to do a character like fl chan where the view port have the form of the sprite or do a hole in windows game where y can see the pc deskop and click in the icons deskop
(quiero que el contorno del juego no sea un rectangulo sino que tenga la forma de un personaje o que pueda hacer un hoyo en la ventana en donde se vea el escritorio del pc y pueda hacer click en las carpetas , como la skins de psp de vlc o como fl chan
)

Tags :

Comments

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 3,529Admin

This discussion was caught in the moderation queue since you have not confirmed your account yet.

Upon creating your account you should have received an account verification email. The confirmation email may have been incorrectly flagged as spam, so please also check your spam filter. Without confirming your account, future posts may also be caught in the moderation queue. You can resend a confirmation email when you log into your account if you cannot find the first verification email.

If you need any help, please let us know! You can find ways to contact forum staff on the Contact page. Thanks! :smile:

• damyandamyan Posts: 7Member

i clicked again and said successfully, what i have to doing for my question? re post?

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 3,529Admin

@damyan said:
    i clicked again and said successfully, what i have to doing for my question? re post?

No, you don't need to repost or anything! The post is visible once its removed from the moderation queue.
    Thank you for verifying your account! :smile:

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 1,086Moderator

See here, I just tested it and it works.
    https://godotengine.org/qa/44699/transparent-background-so-that-desktop-is-visible

You also have to set the window to borderless. However, it doesn't look like you can click icons behind the app, or drag it around, you'll have to look into that.

i can click icons, and i don't want give so much freedom to player xd i can control window position in desktop so "everything in its right place", thank you so much!!

edited November 22

only for curiosity i crated this script for drag it around, where click is a input map.

extends Control
    var screen_size
    var pos=Vector2()
    var npos = Vector2()
    var dpos = Vector2()

func _ready():
    get_tree().get_root().set_transparent_background(true)
    screen_size = OS.get_screen_size()
    window_size = OS.get_window_size()
    npos = screen_size*0.5 - window_size*0.5
    OS.set_window_position(npos)

func _input(event):
    if Input.is_action_just_pressed("click"):
    pos = event.position
    if Input.is_action_pressed("click"):
    dpos = event.position-pos
    npos = npos+dpos
    OS.set_window_position(npos)

Leave a Comment