deleted forum account?

wynoowynoo Posts: 5Member

I signed up this forum September 2, posted a post and commented some, and everything worked fine.

Now I noticed my post appears as made by "UnknownUser" and my account is not recognized anymore, so I had to sign up again (with the same email and user name)

Is there a reason for that?

And is it possible to link my only post back to my user? (it's https://godotforums.org/discussion/23929/zeptris-a-tetris-inspired-game-with-physics/p1)

Answers

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 3,001Admin

Yes, sort of. We had a database corruption happen around early October(If I recall the time right?) and sadly some accounts registered in the past month or two were lost but we managed to recover most if not all of the posts from the time period.

If you make a new temporary topic in the same category I can merge the topics so your new post will be the OP and I can then edit and copy the old posts contents into it.

• wynoowynoo Posts: 5Member

If you make a new temporary topic in the same category I can merge the topics so your new post will be the OP and I can then edit and copy the old posts contents into it.

Ok thanks, I just made a new post in the same category (projects) and saved it as draft
    It has the same title and (almost) no body
    Is this ok?

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 3,525Admin
    edited November 13

@wynoo said:

Ok thanks, I just made a new post in the same category (projects) and saved it as draft
    It has the same title and (almost) no body
    Is this ok?

Yup, that should be fine!

Edit: There is more information about what happened with the database in this thread: forum-update-we-are-back-and-running-but-with-some-losses

Sure, but a draft is not a post, so I can't do anything with it, you will have to post it then I can do something with it.

• wynoowynoo Posts: 5Member

Done.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file