2D Viewport have no texture in HTML Export, works fine on Windows Export

XascoriaXascoria Posts: 16Member

I'm not sure where am I supposed to start fixing this at all, is this a known bug?

Tags :

Comments

• XascoriaXascoria Posts: 16Member

To explain further:
    Yes, I'm 100% sure its untextured because my game is in black and white and the viewport was bright purple
    No error messages in the editor, however this popped up in browser

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 4,292Admin

I do not remember what the settings are right off, but have you tried changing the file format for images in the export settings? I know that some platforms, like mobile, do not support all of the compression file formats Godot offers and trying to export a project with those file formats leads to the textures not loading, being corrupt, or otherwise having issues. It sounds like something similar to that is happening here.

I would see if changing the texture settings fixes the issue. It should be part of the export settings for HTML, if I am remembering correctly.

• XascoriaXascoria Posts: 16Member

@TwistedTwigleg said:
    I do not remember what the settings are right off, but have you tried changing the file format for images in the export settings? I know that some platforms, like mobile, do not support all of the compression file formats Godot offers and trying to export a project with those file formats leads to the textures not loading, being corrupt, or otherwise having issues. It sounds like something similar to that is happening here.

I would see if changing the texture settings fixes the issue. It should be part of the export settings for HTML, if I am remembering correctly.

All of the images in this projects are PNGs, and just to be sure, I put every images that's inside this viewport into the main viewport and ran the project, and they rendered properly, which 100% tells me its a viewport problem

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file