The Godot Community Forums are back up and running! Please read the the announcement post for important information on what happened. Thanks!

Opacity? *** found an answer!

AnitbeousAnitbeous Posts: 5Member
edited September 11 in 2D

Wasn't sure if this was a shader question or not. I am looking for a way to change a textures opacity. the desired effect would be, say a ghost fading to invisibility, or a window fading from dark to light. sorry about not knowing where to put this question.

Best Answer

• AnitbeousAnitbeous Posts: 5
    edited September 12 Accepted Answer

This is the best I could do for my purposes. I apologize in advance if there is any confusion. This is just my solution, I'm sure there are better ways to do it. Note: this is kind of buggy; by buggy I mean it only goes down to about 50% opacity before it just blinks to invisibility. I'm obviously not a pro.

Answers

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,908Admin

Feel free to share the answer you found so others with the same question searching for it might find it too. You can mark your own reply as an answer once you've posted it.

• AnitbeousAnitbeous Posts: 5Member
    edited September 12 Accepted Answer

This is the best I could do for my purposes. I apologize in advance if there is any confusion. This is just my solution, I'm sure there are better ways to do it. Note: this is kind of buggy; by buggy I mean it only goes down to about 50% opacity before it just blinks to invisibility. I'm obviously not a pro.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file