Having trouble exporting to mac

ThatTatylorH1ThatTatylorH1 Posts: 19Member

So I've downloaded and imported the export templets thing from the Godot site and I can export to Windows. but whenever I try to export to mac I get a pop up that my export templates may be missing or invalid. I've even tried reinstalling it and I get the same thing.

Thanks!

Comments

• ThatTatylorH1ThatTatylorH1 Posts: 19Member

More Info: I'm on PC, and I've exported other projects to mac and they worked fine.

I've also got this happening in the Output, I've tried following the Exporting /Creating paths and they don't seen to exist.

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 3,103Admin

Do you have the export templates installed?

Another thing you can do is manually tell Godot where the export template executables are via the export settings for each platform. I don't remember where the setting is right off, but you should be able to point it to a MacOS Godot build executable using a file browser, and then it will use that executable when exporting. You can find the export templates here.

Yes, in the Export Template Manager my Current Version is 3.2.2.stable (Installed).
    I've even tried pressing Install From File and using Godot_v3.2.2-stable_export_templates.tpz.

If you point the custom template fields to the MacOS files in the export templates (you'll need to unzip it. tpz is just a zip file) does it work? Here's a photo showing where the template fields are:

Another thing that may be causing the issue is the filepath for your project. It has spaces and double quotes in the path itself, which possibly could be causing issues with the export. If defining the custom template does not work, then I'd see if changing the filepath to not include spaces and double quotes fixes the issue.

ok, feelin closer.
    I unziped the .tpz file and added the debug and Release files to the fields highlighted above.
    I also Took out the spaces and double quotes in the name.
    Unfortunately I am now getting this error.

FIXED!!!
    turns out it might have just bee the name with the spaces and double quotes (Face Palm)
    I removed the Debug and Release files from the Custom Template area and it worked!

Thanks for all your help, your a Godot God send!

@ThatTatylorH1 said:
    FIXED!!!
    turns out it might have just bee the name with the spaces and double quotes (Face Palm)
    I removed the Debug and Release files from the Custom Template area and it worked!

Thanks for all your help, your a Godot God send!

Great! I’m glad you got it working (and happy to help :smile: )

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file