The Godot Community Forums are back up and running! Please read the the announcement post for important information on what happened. Thanks!

Open/show a powerpoint presentation in game

First of all, I'm totally new to Godot/programming etc...
My question is: Would there be a way to open and show a microsoft powerpoint presentation in a multiplayer-game or VR-room so you can present it to other players? It might sound odd, but it's for educational purposes.
Thx!

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 1,053Moderator

Out of box, probably not (though I never looked into it). However, you can write plugins (for example in C++), so if you can find a PowerPoint parser (not sure if the format is open) you could convert it into something Godot can understand.

Or a simpler idea, export the presentation as JPGs, which I'm pretty sure you can do in PowerPoint, and then load and display them as a TextureRect in Godot. That should be pretty easy.

• Thx! I think the export to JPG's would do the job for the moment.

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,908Admin

Alternatively you could just skip powerpoint and use godot 2D nodes to create the presentations as scenes. Downside is obviously that people need to learn to use the godot editor.

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 3,129Admin

There’s a neat repository for making PowrPoint like presentations entirely in Godot, as seen on this blog post. I have not used it myself (nor do I know if it’s up to date), but when I first came across it I though it looked interesting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file