The Godot Community Forums are back up and running! Please read the the announcement post for important information on what happened. Thanks!

Unable to import the complete car from blender

UnknownUserUnknownUser Posts: 0

Hi,
Im trying to import the car from blender to godot (3.2.2 stable) via gltf format.Post import i find that the car body has right side but not the left portion of it.

In blender the car is in good shape.
Link for the car blender file https://static.free3d.com/models/1/xihu59td0bnk-AudiR8Spyder_2017.rar

What is that i'm missing.?

Best Answer

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 3,129
    Accepted Answer

Welcome to the forums @UmaShanker!

I have not downloaded the 3D model to look at it in Blender, but my guess is that it is using a Mirror modifier, and when exporting the modifier is not applied and therefor only half of the car is shown. I would check the car body mesh and make sure to apply the Mirror modifier or check the apply modifiers checkbox in Blender when exporting the GLTF file.

Answers

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 3,129Admin
    Accepted Answer

Welcome to the forums @UmaShanker!

I have not downloaded the 3D model to look at it in Blender, but my guess is that it is using a Mirror modifier, and when exporting the modifier is not applied and therefor only half of the car is shown. I would check the car body mesh and make sure to apply the Mirror modifier or check the apply modifiers checkbox in Blender when exporting the GLTF file.

• Thank you . It solves my issue :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file