The Godot Community Forums are back up and running! Please read the the announcement post for important information on what happened. Thanks!

I am having some issues with opening the program. Someone can help me figure out?

UnknownUserUnknownUser Posts: 0
edited August 24 in General Support

I am trying to open the program with the exe. file and a window just appears written in it: "Godot engine v3.2.2.stable.official - https://godotemgine.org", Then the windo just closes automatically within seconds instead of opening the program. Does someone knows what is the exact issue and how can I fix it? Thank you!

Comments

• Also the program I mentioned is standart 64 bit version, And I use Windows 10 home 64 bit.

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,908Admin

OK, you have 2 accounts for this and 2 different topics now. in both there is either a mistyped url for the engine website or you have downloaded something from a suspicious source.

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 3,129Admin
    edited August 24

(I changed the URL link in the OP so it points to this discussion. The misspelled URL doesn't seem to go anywhere, but better to be safe than sorry)

Since this account is confirmed and the duplicate account is not confirmed, I have removed the duplicate topic. In the future, please refrain from making duplicate accounts and posting duplicate topics. Thanks!

Also, as Megalomaniak said in the duplicate post that is now removed:

@Megalomaniak said:
    I would try opening it from command line to see if any error messages show up.

• @Megalomaniak said:
    OK, you have 2 accounts for this and 2 different topics now. in both there is either a mistyped url for the engine website or you have downloaded something from a suspicious source.

Yes... About that...
    I have downloaded from this URL:
    https://godotengine.org/download/windows
    Pretty sure it's the official one.
    And second, I just had to make a new account because I accidentally put an invaild email.
    And since I didn't found any option for changing the email, I have decided to make a new account
    I am sorry, I didn't tried to do any spamming, And also I thought the post wasn't online because my account wasn't "confirmed" yet

• @TwistedTwigleg said:
    (I changed the URL link in the OP so it points to this discussion. The misspelled URL doesn't seem to go anywhere, but better to be safe than sorry)

Since this account is confirmed and the duplicate account is not confirmed, I have removed the duplicate topic. In the future, please refrain from making duplicate accounts and posting duplicate topics. Thanks!

Also, as Megalomaniak said in the duplicate post that is now removed:

@Megalomaniak said:
    I would try opening it from command line to see if any error messages show up.

Uh, which command to put than?

@413xolotl413 said:
    Yes... About that...
    I have downloaded from this URL:
    https://godotengine.org/download/windows
    Pretty sure it's the official one.

Yup, that's the official one.

And second, I just had to make a new account because I accidentally put an invaild email.
    And since I didn't found any option for changing the email, I have decided to make a new account
    I am sorry, I didn't tried to do any spamming, And also I thought the post wasn't online because my account wasn't "confirmed" yet

Well, if you need to change your email or something, you can just contact one of us on forum staff rather than making a new account. We can then change it for you, fixing the issue. That is the preferred way to do it, as then we don't have duplicate accounts or accounts that have emails that do not point to anywhere.
    Regardless, I guess it's not a big deal, since your current account is working fine.

Uh, which command to put than?

Just try running it from the command line. You just need to execute it normally, but from the command line rather than by double clicking it so the terminal/console stays open when Godot crashes. It should, hopefully, spit out an error or something that will indicate what is going wrong.

For most platforms/terminals, I believe you just need to navigate to the folder where the Godot executable is, and then write something like ./Godot_Executable_Name_Here (replace with the name of the Godot executable) and then it should run.

• @TwistedTwigleg said:
    For most platforms/terminals, I believe you just need to navigate to the folder where the Godot executable is, and then write something like ./Godot_Executable_Name_Here (replace with the name of the Godot executable) and then it should run.

Yes, I put the command in and it did run... but crashed again.
    Weirdly enough, No mentions for errors was written. What could it be then?

Does it crash in the project viewer/finder, or when you open a project?

• @TwistedTwigleg said:
    Does it crash in the project viewer/finder, or when you open a project?

Well, Just right after I open the execute file. The window (or viewer) itself crashed (or to be more accurate it's just closes immediately after I open up. It doesn't "not responding" thing)

What platform are you on? And what is your hardware?

• @Megalomaniak said:
    What platform are you on? And what is your hardware?

I am on PC, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

What is your graphics card? Does it support OpenGL 2.1?

• @TwistedTwigleg said:
    What is your graphics card? Does it support OpenGL 2.1?

My graphics card is GTX 1660 super.

Desktop? Or a laptop? In the latter case there might be switchable graphics.

• Desktop.

Did you download the 32 bit version of the 64 bit version? Additionally, are you using Godot Standard or Godot Mono? If you are using Godot Mono, you may need to install MSBuild.

Also, have you restarted your computer recently? I have find that, especially on Windows, restarting can sometimes help fix strange issues.

• I have downloaded the 64 bit standart, I'll try to download again and restart.

• And... It's still does the same thing as before. What should I do then?

The only thing I can find that may be related is this issue on GitHub, where a Windows update was the issue. I would perhaps try updating Windows if you haven't done that in a while and see if that fixes the issue.

Outside of that, it's hard to say. I'm mostly just guessing at what could be the issue since Godot isn't outputting anything to give a hint at what could be going on.

• Should I update Windows to version 2004?

You can try, I have no idea if it will help or not though. I've been using the latest version of Windows on my computer, and I think Godot works okay. Right now I'm using Linux though, so I cannot say for sure.

• Maybe I should use MSbuild and install the mono version? There is any differnce between standart and mono?

Only support for C# far as I'm aware. I'd try the windows update as well as perhaps doing a clean install of graphics card drivers.

• Is it ok I am downloading the 32 bit version on windows 64 bit?

• Well even so it does the same thing: Open and crash...

Have you used any previous godot versions where the old config files could be the issue? If not then I'd proceed to open a issue on the issue tracker.

@413xolotl413 said:
    Is it ok I am downloading the 32 bit version on windows 64 bit?

Yes that's ok on windows.

• I finally found the issue. I needed to update to Windows 2004. As you recommended.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file