I can't play my Linux Export because the file allegedly doesn't exist

SosaseesSosasees Posts: 115Member
edited August 2 in Exporting

Link Banner to Flinkimaus Game on GitHub

I have a very ambiguous problem:
This is the first time I exported my game to Linux. The export only has One file because the Pck file is embedded into the x86 file.

Whenever I try to run the game, I can't execute the file despite it actually existing and me having checked that everyone has the permission to run the file as a program.
Whenever I try ./flinkimaus.x86 (with or without sudo) in the terminal, I get roughly the same error message:
./flinkimaus.x86 cannot be executed: File or Directory not found.
It doesn't matter wether the file is in ~/flinkimaus, ~/flinkimaus/export/, ~/Desktop/, /usr/bin, /usr/games, ~ or even /, I get the exact same error message because Linux can't find the file that actually exists.
The same happens whenever I tried double-clicking on the file in the GUI file explorer, just without the visible error message.

Tags :

Best Answer

• SosaseesSosasees Posts: 115
    Accepted Answer

Since I started this discussion,
    i needed THIS much time to realize:
    I just needed to enable 64-Bit Export to play my Linux Export on the model of computer I have.
    It's not like in Windows where 32-Bit programs also work on 64-Bit computers.

Answers

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 3,103Admin

If you are using Ubuntu, you need to right click the file and tell it to run as an executable (it should be in the file properties). Then it shouldn't have the issue saying it cannot be executed.

• SosaseesSosasees Posts: 115Member
    edited August 2

I can't execute the file despite it actually existing and me having checked that everyone has the permission to run the file as a program.

So I did already make sure that the file is marked as a
    ,,Trusted Executable".

• SosaseesSosasees Posts: 115Member
    Accepted Answer

Since I started this discussion,
    i needed THIS much time to realize:
    I just needed to enable 64-Bit Export to play my Linux Export on the model of computer I have.
    It's not like in Windows where 32-Bit programs also work on 64-Bit computers.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file