CollisionShape2D adjustment box missing

ZeekTheGoodZeekTheGood Posts: 3Member
edited July 11 in 2D

Basically when i try to add a CollisionShape2D there is no box to adjust it and there is nothing to show that it is there. I keep seeing videos from 2018 from HeartBeast and in his video there is a transparent but visible blue box to show where it is. I don't know if Godot has changed how it works but i can't find anything to help.

Best Answer

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,831
    edited July 11 Accepted Answer

I'll just copy the answer from the (mostly) duplicate post to this one and remove the duplicate:

@ZeekTheGood said:
    When i add a Collisionshape2D there is nothing to show that it is there. I have seen videos when they have a blue box and an orange outline to adjust it. But its not there for me. I don't know if it was an update or what .Ok so i was really dumb so when you make one if you can't see it look at the origin of the page (0,0) it should be there

@ZeekTheGood - in the future, please try to refrain from duplicate posting. If it is by accident, please let one of us in forum staff know and we'll remove the duplicate once possible. Finally, please try to use a descriptive title, as "CollisionShape2D" doesn't really explain the initial question very well and is very generic. I changed it for you to reflect the question, changed this discussion to a question, and marked this post as the answer.

Answers

• SIsilicon28SIsilicon28 Posts: 746Moderator

In your previous post you said that you've solved the issue. Is there any reason for this post?

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,831Admin
    edited July 11 Accepted Answer

I'll just copy the answer from the (mostly) duplicate post to this one and remove the duplicate:

@ZeekTheGood said:
    When i add a Collisionshape2D there is nothing to show that it is there. I have seen videos when they have a blue box and an orange outline to adjust it. But its not there for me. I don't know if it was an update or what .Ok so i was really dumb so when you make one if you can't see it look at the origin of the page (0,0) it should be there

@ZeekTheGood - in the future, please try to refrain from duplicate posting. If it is by accident, please let one of us in forum staff know and we'll remove the duplicate once possible. Finally, please try to use a descriptive title, as "CollisionShape2D" doesn't really explain the initial question very well and is very generic. I changed it for you to reflect the question, changed this discussion to a question, and marked this post as the answer.

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,748Admin

you need to give it a shape too(in the inspector).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file