How should I get the Camera2D Node to follow the PlayerCharacter Scene?

SosaseesSosasees Posts: 104Member
edited July 6 in GUI

I have a 2D scene with a Floor, a prefabricated Player Scene, and a currently untouched Camera2D Node.
I want the Camera to follow the Player, but I don't know how to attach the Player to the Camera,
so that the camera smoothly follows the player.

I feel slightly stupid for not being able to find that out myself, considering I just made an Entire Title Screen Menu, and also a Pause Menu some days ago, with only a Fifth of the Tutorial. Have I missed something?

Best Answer

• riphleriphle Posts: 10
    Accepted Answer

Hello sosasees I made I little Platformer a while back and what I did was put the camera 2D in to the player scene and in the inspector you just check the current box and it should follow the player. On you tube a Chanel called umaiPixel has a tutorial series for a basic platformer. That helped a lot

Answers

• riphleriphle Posts: 10Member
    Accepted Answer

Hello sosasees I made I little Platformer a while back and what I did was put the camera 2D in to the player scene and in the inspector you just check the current box and it should follow the player. On you tube a Chanel called umaiPixel has a tutorial series for a basic platformer. That helped a lot

• SosaseesSosasees Posts: 104Member

@riphle Thanks very much! I'll credit your Answer and Godot Forums Profile in my game
    if you don't disagree by tomorrow.

• riphleriphle Posts: 10Member

That’s cool thanks vary much hope your game turns out well

I just realized I accidentally put this is in ,,Ressources".
    Is there a command I can type in a comment to move this into
    ,,Godot Help → GUI" ?

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,748Admin

No worries, we the admins and moderators can move topics. Just need to ask. And on that note, I've moved the topic.

@Megalomaniak said:
    No worries, we the admins and moderators can move topics. Just need to ask. And on that note, I've moved the topic.

Thanks very much! Now this Discusssion is in the correct category!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file