help with physics change in 3.2.2 - objects are now ignoring collisions when forced to overlap

droqendroqen Posts: 3Member
edited June 29 in 2D

If need be I will just roll back to an earlier version of Godot, but I wanted to know if there's any way to make collision work as it did in the past? Prior to this update, both daggers would have collided with the wall, but the second dagger now passes through it completely.

What's going on with the dagger is that when it is thrown its collisions are turned on. These are the relevant lines of code I'm using for enabling collision:

collision_layer = _starting_collision_layer
        collision_mask = _starting_collision_mask

Thanks!

Comments

• droqendroqen Posts: 3Member
    edited June 29

Hmm. Not sure how to edit, but I made an error here. I said "they now pass through [the wall]" but should have said "the second dagger now passes through [the wall]"

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,655Admin

@droqen said:
    Hmm. Not sure how to edit, but I made an error here. I said "they now pass through [the wall]" but should have said "the second dagger now passes through [the wall]"

@droqen said:
    Prior to this update, both daggers would have collided with the wall, but the second dagger now passes through it completely

You should be able to edit your post by clicking the little gear icon in the top right corner of your initial post, right by the title.

As for the bug itself, I would suggest reporting it on GitHub. Please check to make sure the issue has not already been reported though.

Also: Welcome to the forums! :smile:

• droqendroqen Posts: 3Member

Thank you! I will submit an issue, but I was hoping this was some kind of requested feature that got added that I could disable somehow :pensive:

Under normal conditions, I can understand why someone would desire this behaviour!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file