Why isn't the most recent Godot version exporting all resources?

DetonatressDetonatress Posts: 54Member

The old version exported everything, in the new one I have to manually select everything for exports.

Answers

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,887Admin

Either the old version had an issue and it was meant to work the way the new one works, in which case they have fixed something. Or the new version works in a way that is unintended and a bug has been introduced. I'm not sure which one of these it is, but that's what it sounds like to me.

• CalinouCalinou Posts: 464Admin Godot Developer

Which Godot version were you using previously, and which version are you using now? I don't remember of hearing about a regression like this one.

• DetonatressDetonatress Posts: 54Member

@Calinou said:
    Which Godot version were you using previously, and which version are you using now? I don't remember of hearing about a regression like this one.

Was using 3.2.1, now using 3.2.2. There were threads in the bugs section for previous version (3.0 Beta 2) doing this:
    https://github.com/godotengine/godot/issues/15380
    Seems to be something about imports. If it was intended for the "export all resources" to not export all and ignore stuff not imported through the import command (I usually just move stuff over to the folders or drag and drop into the engine), then there should at least be a "Select all" for the manual select, but sadly there isn't one.

• DetonatressDetonatress Posts: 54Member

@Megalomaniak said:
    Either the old version had an issue and it was meant to work the way the new one works, in which case they have fixed something. Or the new version works in a way that is unintended and a bug has been introduced. I'm not sure which one of these it is, but that's what it sounds like to me.

This user had same issue with 3.0 Beta 2. https://github.com/godotengine/godot/issues/15380 I do not understand if this was intended but it seems like all stuff not imported using import command (I use drag and drop either to engine or to project folder) will not be included. Or at least that's what I understood from that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file