Embedding a game on my website

pattyorigamipattyorigami Posts: 19Member

I figured out how to export games in HTML format, but as many here know, they won't run on browsers Chrome or Firefox. I have a website that I am running from Google drive and would like to embed my game in that website, but because of the chromium based limitations they fail to load. Is there some kind of work around to make my game work on my webpage without having to use some obscure browser that no one uses?

Comments

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,666Admin

More of a workaround than a solution, but: If you upload your game on Itch.IO, you can then embed it using a normal HTML iframe.
    Once you have uploaded your HTML5 game, just go to the game's page, then distribute->embed game, and it will show you to HTML you can paste into your website for hosting.

• pattyorigamipattyorigami Posts: 19Member

Thanks for that info, TwistedTwigleg! I had come across a YouTube video that suggested using Itch.IO, but wasn't sure if that would be the best way to go. The fact that you mentioned the same exact site for this leads me to believe this is a common practice. I'll give this method a try until a solution to this problem comes out.

• ksjogoksjogo Posts: 4Member

What is the problem with the normal html export? I though one can just upload the files on a webserver and link people there?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file