Is there anyway to manage 3d gizmos?

dotteddotted Posts: 33Member
in 3D

I am playing with the skeleton system, having generated a basic human armature from blender and exported it.

A physical skeleton is impossible to view clearly because the basic 3d gizmos totally obscure half the elements

Best Answers

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 927
    Accepted Answer

You can check on the view menu under gizmos. Maybe that will help.

• dotteddotted Posts: 33
    Accepted Answer

Hm, while useful this is not what I need. I need to turn off the rotation rings and RGB color axis handles because they completely obscure the node I am viewing. The effect I want to achieve is the same as clicking on 'show all objects at the position clicked' but without the list popup. I guess that's the only way to do it.

Terminology wise, I consider the rotation rings etc as gizmos, but clearly they are treated in a different category.

Answers

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 927Moderator
    Accepted Answer

You can check on the view menu under gizmos. Maybe that will help.

• dotteddotted Posts: 33Member
    Accepted Answer

Hm, while useful this is not what I need. I need to turn off the rotation rings and RGB color axis handles because they completely obscure the node I am viewing. The effect I want to achieve is the same as clicking on 'show all objects at the position clicked' but without the list popup. I guess that's the only way to do it.

Terminology wise, I consider the rotation rings etc as gizmos, but clearly they are treated in a different category.

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 927Moderator

I was not able to find an option to hide it completely. Pressing W only shows the position, which makes it a bit less noisy. You can also look at editor manipulator size in the editor options. The lowest option is 16, which makes it pretty small. There is also a manipulator opacity option right there too, but it didn't work for me. Maybe it is a bug, it might be worth submitting a bug report for that as I think that is the option you are looking for.

• dotteddotted Posts: 33Member

"show all objects at position clicked" achieves what I need visually. Basically the editor does not present the transform manipulation gizmos in this state so objects may be selected. I think this is more of a documentation issue because only experimentation reveals the side effect of hiding xform gizmos.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file