A lot of errors?

MentirasMentiras Posts: 45Member

Is anyone else getting a lot of errors out of the blue? I have been working on a project for a few weeks now, last night it was fine and today it is telling me that there is no animation called Idle. When clearly there is, nothing has changed. When I play the game it uses the idle animation but swears it isn't LOL

Also, I get this error on another project, "E 0:00:02.792 _get_modified_time: Failed to get modified time for: C:/Users/three/Desktop/Godot Templates/Platformer/Four Seasons Platformer Tileset [16x16][FREE] - RottingPixels/four-seasons-tileset.png.
<C++ Error> Method failed. Returning: 0
<C++ Source> drivers/windows/file_access_windows.cpp:344 @ _get_modified_time()
Start.gd:7 @ _on_Button_pressed()"

Comments

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,629Admin

Which version of Godot are you using? If you are using Godot 4.0/master, it could be that something changed recently that is causing the errors. If not, then maybe something in the project and/or filesystem suddenly changed?

• MentirasMentiras Posts: 45Member

3.2.1 stable

And I cant think of anything that changed recently. Especially considering it still plays my idle animation just fine lol. :s

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,629Admin

Looking at the error, it may be that something was not saved correctly. Maybe try reimporting the file? The file causing the issue appears to be four-seasons-tileset.png.

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,608Admin

If you have relocated the project then the file references might be broken. Note sure that this is it, but it could be.

Without changing anything, it stopped giving me the missing idle animation, but I still get the other error. I will try and reimport it though, I have not tried that yet.

@TwistedTwigleg no reimport did not help, thank you though I had not thought of trying that
    @Megalomaniak no I have no relocated anything in the project. I'm at a loss. It doesn't stop me from playing the game but as a new coder, I would like to have as few error messages as possible lol. I might try remaking everything in a new project and see what happens. Thank you too =)

The error message says that there is no modified time on the png file. Try saving the file over itself so that it's metadata includes a 'modified on xxx date' timestamp. It seems to be just the optional metadata.

@Megalomaniak That actually stopped it. Thank you =)

Still, I wonder if this should be reported as a bug. Seems to me like it should give a warning but not throw an error.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file