Exported game resulting in crach on a friends pc together with an OpenGL error. How can I fix that?

SpaceJacuzziSpaceJacuzzi Posts: 3Member
edited June 15 in Exporting

When ever he tries to play a test build of my game, it crashes on his pc. The game does not lag, Godot just freezes. It only happens when he is looking at the model of a couch or into the direction of a TV. The console displays this returning error code:

ERROR: _gl_debug_print: GL ERROR: Source: OpenGL Type: Error ID: 1282 Severity: High Message: GL_INVALID_OPERATION error generated. <texture> does not name a layered texture. At: drivers/gles3/rasterizer_gles3.cpp:123

The game runs without any issues on my pc as well as on my laptop. The specs of my friends pc are:

Motherboard: Asrock b85m-itx
CPU: Intel core i3 4130
GPU: GTX 750Ti
8gb 1333 mhz RAM
Windows 10
OpenGL 4.5

How can I fix this behaviour?

Tags :

Answers

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 3,082Admin

Welcome to the forums @SpaceJacuzzi!

Has your friend updated their graphics drivers recently? If not, it might not be a bad idea to update them and see if that is causing the issue.

Based on the error, it looks like the issue is with a texture operation not being supported and/or recognized. I’m not sure, at least not right off, on what angle to take for trying to debug this, but knowing it is texture related may be helpful. You said in the kitchen the game crashes, so maybe it is related to reflection (given most kitchens have several reflective objects). Do you have Screen Space Reflections on? If so, maybe try disabling it and see if that fixes the issue.

• SpaceJacuzziSpaceJacuzzi Posts: 3Member
    edited June 15

@TwistedTwigleg

Thank's for the kind words.

The graphics card driver is already updated. There are no SsReflections active. I was wrong, it is not the kitchen, it is a TV and the couch causing the crash. Yeah somthing does not seem to be right about the textures.
    Any ideas what I could try to debug it?

Unfortunately, I do not know right off. If your friend runs the game through the console/terminal, does it show anything else with the crash? Maybe it can help narrow down what is causing the issue. Outside of that, I would try re-importing the TV textures and the couch, and see if that helps. If none of that helps, then I would see if removing the TV and couch temporarily fixes the issue, just to make sure. I'd make a backup of the project prior to removing either item though, just in case something goes wrong.

• SpaceJacuzziSpaceJacuzzi Posts: 3Member

The console does not display anything else then the OpenGL error. The console used to show "Godot has stopped working" on crash but now it doesn't.

I'd try reimporting the textures and see if that fixes the issue.

If reimporting does not fix the issue, maybe try exporting the game without the TV or couch, just to confirm those two objects are causing the issue. If it works fine without the TV and couch, then I'd look at the materials for both and see if there is something they have in common, as likely a material or something is causing the issue.

• CalinouCalinou Posts: 464Admin Godot Developer

You could try switching your project to use the GLES2 renderer, which behaves better on old/low-end hardware.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file