Port 6007 error when disconnecting Android test device

Hi guys! I've noticed a small glitch in latest Godot version. But probably it is me doing something wrong :)

When I use "remote debug" on my android device, I need to be careful how to stop the app. If I stop the app correctly (double tap the "Back" button), all works fine.
But, if stop an app in other way (for example, press "Home" on my android device), I get an error in Godot. After that , the debug is "dead" - it gives me "Error listening on port 6007". And I need to restart the PC to remove the error.

Does anyone knows if it normal behavior? Or there is something wrong with my PC/Android/my behaviour?

Comments

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 3,792Admin

Haven't done any android development but I expect it's probably normal. At a guess when you press the home button it suspends the application and the listening server errors on that. When you close the app properly it likely notifies the listener that the connection is getting terminated. That is just a guess on my part though so take it with a pinch of salt.

• I had a similar problem, just go to editor > editor setting > network and set the remote host to 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 and the remote port to 6009 hope that helps also make sure no app is listening in to the port to do that windows + R and type in resmon > ok > network > listening ports and make sure there is no app listening to port 6009 if there is just change the remote port to sometimes else that's not used your debugger will be back in no time, Hope it helps cheers.

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 1,659Moderator

Welcome, @BrightLight studios . Your post was stuck in the moderation queue. Please confirm your account in the email we sent you so you can post freely in the future.

• I've confirmed it no problem at all

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file