How can I use a BoneAttachment with RootMotion?

rcorrercorre Posts: 7Member
in 3D

I created a skeleton using Blender's rigify, parented an object to the hand bone, created some movement animations, and exported using the Godot Blender Exporter (this generates a Bno.

In Godot, the animations look fine when played directly from the animation player. However, when I set up an AnimationTree with Root Motion, the bone attachment seems to have its own translation equal to the root translation. For example, if the root moves 2 units to the left during an animation, the BoneAttachment's local transform also moves 2 units to the left, so its global translation is actually 4, and it flies out of the characters hand:

Am I doing something wrong? How can I use BoneAttachments and RootMotion together?
The attached zip contains the blend, escn, and tscn files.
This is Godot 3.2 on Linux, and the latest escn exporter.
Thanks in advance!

Tags :

Best Answer

• rcorrercorre Posts: 7
    Accepted Answer

Aha! I had parented the sword to the hand IK. Turns out the DEF-* bones are the ones that get exported. They're hidden by default, but I unhid them and parented the sword to DEF-hand.R. Now it works as expected.

Answers

• rcorrercorre Posts: 7Member
    Accepted Answer

Aha! I had parented the sword to the hand IK. Turns out the DEF-* bones are the ones that get exported. They're hidden by default, but I unhid them and parented the sword to DEF-hand.R. Now it works as expected.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file