The Godot Community Forums are back up and running! Please read the the announcement post for important information on what happened. Thanks!

Godot can't open the project

TudorTudor Posts: 35Member
in 3D

Hello! When I want to open a project in Godot 3.2.1, it appears only the screen with the Godot logo. I wait several minutes, but nothing happens. Actually, sometimes, after many times, Godot succeeds to open the project. But still, this takes too much time and is not sustainable. By the way, my graphics driver is at its latest version. The Godot console doesn't show any errors.
How can I fix this?

Best Answer

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,908
    Accepted Answer

Have you tried the GLES 2.0 renderer? It's a project setting.

Answers

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,908Admin
    Accepted Answer

Have you tried the GLES 2.0 renderer? It's a project setting.

• TudorTudor Posts: 35Member

I have changed the renderer GLES 3.0 to GLES 2.0 and now it works fine. Thank you for a good advice!

• How might I fix this if I must use GLES 3.0?

Upgrade your hardware or use a mesa software open_gl driver dll copied to the folder your godot/game executable is in. Expect very slow performance in the latter case.

• UnknownUserUnknownUser Posts: 0
    edited August 29

Thanks for the response! Where might this .dll be found on Windows 10?
    EDIT: Just to be on the same page, I'm using 2D instead of 3D.

edited August 29

https://github.com/pal1000/mesa-dist-win

2D and 3D are both still rendered over OpenGL ES. If you have a specific reason why you must use GLES 3 and your GPU doesn't properly support it then either hardware upgrade or software renderer as I mentioned for solutions.

edit: make sure not to distribute your game with the mesa driver bundled though. If it's located in the same folder with the executable it takes precedence over the system-wide openGL driver and is used even for those players who have hardware with the necessary support.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file