Godot game crashes when i opend it on my phone & tablet.

juniorgamerguyjuniorgamerguy Posts: 9Member

I want to turn my project (Written is GDSript) into an android app and I think I followed the steps correctly. Now when I create the apk and drag and drop it onto my smartphone and want to execute it, it crashes right away. In android studio there is an error with Libraries (* .so) in the APK are missing debug symbols. Bu i dont know if that has something to do with that.And when i use one click deploy it also crashes. :s

Can u help me fix this? What could it be? :'(

Tags :

Answers

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,666Admin

Is there any error log from Android?

From what I remember, and from what I read in this Godot QA answer, you can use logcat to see the output log from an Android device. Hopefully the log there will show something that can help point at what could be causing the issue.

Also, welcome to the forums!

• juniorgamerguyjuniorgamerguy Posts: 9Member

Hello and thank you!
    I did some reading on the logcat commands and i ran this command: adb logcat , (while my tablet was in debug mode in the developer options) in Android studio(I also did it in Godot) and this is all i got (sorry if this is not what you need I'm new to this) :
    I attached the file below.

edited March 27

I made it a text file because it reaches the max character limit.
    And if you like we don't have to do this in Android studio, we can do it in Godot.

Hmm, looking at the log, t looks like Godot is crashing due to something wrong with the initialization process.

The common thing I keep seeing is "BR_CLEAR_DEATH_NOTIFICATION_DONE ", though quick Google searches didn't return conclusive results on what it might mean. The logs around the Godot related stuff seems to be related to graphics, so maybe that is causing the issue?

What version of OpenGL did you use in the export? GLES3 or GLES2? If you are using GLES3, maybe try switching it to GLES2 and see if that fixes the issue, as it may be your Android device does not support the GLES3 renderer.

Also, I do not really have very much Android experience at all, so I'm mostly guessing based on what I know from other stuff. I would suggest also posting this issue on the other Godot communities, like Reddit and Facebook, if you have not. Hopefully someone with Android and Godot experience can chime in.

My project is in GLES2.
    What other forms can you recommend me?

Opps.....
    I accidently made your last post the answer. :s

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,654Admin

That's a simple fix.

Whats a simple fix???

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,654Admin
    edited March 27

@juniorgamerguy said:
    Opps.....
    I accidently made your last post the answer. :s

@Megalomaniak said:
    That's a simple fix.

edited March 27

LOL,. Do you know how to fix this ??? if you can please help. :(

@juniorgamerguy said:
    My project is in GLES2.
    What other forms can you recommend me?

As far as solutions, I'm not sure. Does exporting the project in Godot show any errors or anything that could indicate what is going on?

I'd suggest going through the steps for exporting a game to Android, and just to see if there was a missed step or something.

Outside of that, I am not sure right off on what a potential solution would be. My Android experience is sadly lacking, especially when it comes to exporting/building-APKs.

edited March 28

I've already been to that web site and read it multiple times and there are not errors it the Godot console. :'(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file