Adding Collision Shapes to Your TileMaps, two methods, ups and downs, and when to use which

Stefan_GameDevStefan_GameDev Posts: 78Member

You got your TileMap set up? Great! Now let's make sure we can bump into things by adding collisions to our TileMaps! Here is a video that explains the important differences between two approaches and when to use one over the other :)

Comments

• jbrooks79jbrooks79 Posts: 2,241Premoderated

Hello, I'm fascinated by your tutorials, and actually anticipate them, but I can't do the codes, I was wondering for a few tutorials, on how to do SIMPLE things, in visual script, I'm a noob . . . . You are already a legend, always excited, can't wait to one day also be able to do the code, then I will binge, for sure . . . ;) <3

• Stefan_GameDevStefan_GameDev Posts: 78Member

Hey JBrooks, thank you for your kind words :) I personally never used visual script as coding is, to me, so much faster. Honestly, I haven't ever opened the visual script editor yet :#

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 3,006Admin

Hmm, an interesting tutorial on VS might be on how to read/reverse engineer a text/typed script and re-implement it in VS.

• Stefan_GameDevStefan_GameDev Posts: 78Member

@Megalomaniak that would be interesting, but I believe I'm not the right one to make such a tutorial.