Failed to export projects for all platforms?

geckoForcegeckoForce Posts: 17Member

I am unable to export the tutorial game Dodge the Creeps to any platform.

Best Answer

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,028
    edited March 22 Accepted Answer

I wonder if perhaps your C drive root isn't protected such that you can't write to there. Try exporting to a different location such as your desktop perhaps?

edit: Also, doesn't windows use the backslash \ for it's addresses? Forward-slash is a Unix convention isn't it?

Answers

• geckoForcegeckoForce Posts: 17Member

error code in Output :-
    core/os/dir_access.cpp:297 - Failed to open C:/dodge_the_creeps.exe
    editor/project_export.cpp:977 - Failed to export the project for platform 'Windows Desktop'

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,028Admin
    edited March 22 Accepted Answer

I wonder if perhaps your C drive root isn't protected such that you can't write to there. Try exporting to a different location such as your desktop perhaps?

edit: Also, doesn't windows use the backslash \ for it's addresses? Forward-slash is a Unix convention isn't it?

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,127Admin

@Megalomaniak said:

At least on my Windows machine, all of the addresses use backslashes (\). However, a Godot project I know has working exports on Windows (using Godot 3.0) shows forward slashes (/) in the export filepath. I think Godot might internally convert the slash based on the platform used.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file