What actually happens if you make a game too powerful for android?

ManiacBananaManiacBanana Posts: 11Member

Hello! I'm trying to test a game I've been working on and when I open it on my phone it just flickers the godot screen on and off for a bit before outright crashing and slowing my phone down by A LOT for a few seconds. I'm trying to figure out what's causing this and I don't know if I've accidentally done something in the game that android simply can't handle.

Are these symptoms of the game being too resource intensive or could it be another issue?
Thanks!

Comments

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,027Admin

Kinda sounds like there might be a memory leak or something, but it's hard to tell what exactly might be causing it if that's even it really, based on what little info you have provided.

• ManiacBananaManiacBanana Posts: 11Member

That sort of puts a couple of errors into context. I've been cleaning up the FileSystem tab as I've been working by moving things around, this is creating errors like: "E 0:00:01:0097 Failed to get modified time for: C:/Users/ASUS/Documents/3rd Year Project/Dungeon_Tileset.png
    drivers/windows/file_access_windows.cpp:338 @ _get_modified_time()"

I just ignored them stupidly because it was still running fine in the editor. I'm guessing this is a memory leak.

• ManiacBananaManiacBanana Posts: 11Member

It was a memory leak! I plugged all the holes and it works now thanks! I can't believe it was that obvious

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,027Admin

Cheers, glad to hear you got it sorted!

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 651Member

Also GLES2 can have better performance and compatibility than GLES3. If you are making a mobile game I would strongly suggest you use GLES2 if you can.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file