Wings of Justice - 2D adventure RPG

Mighty Mufflon GamesMighty Mufflon Games Posts: 25Member
edited March 7 in Projects

A story about friendship and the search of the inner self

Slip in into the role of Elora, a young woman, who leaves her village to learn more about the history of the land.

Accompanied by her best friend Keno, an eagle, which she has telepathic connection with. But already on her journey to the capital of her people an incident happens - and it only ends leniently thanks to her eagle.

A dark chapter that seemed to be closed opens once again and yet she does not realize she plays a part in it ...

-

Elora

She is a young woman who has been dreaming for years of leaving her home village to study history in the capital of the Siari. Since her childhood, she has been enthusiastically reading everything she could get her hands on, especially history books dealing with the War of Fire. Elora is cheerful, friendly and likes to help wherever she can. Preferable she spends her time outside her village with her eagle friend at the Sacret Place where she likes to watch the sky for the Harpies. She found him badly wounded when she was a child and they have been friends ever since. Elora and Keno are able to talk telepathically which is said to be a gift of the Wind Goddess.

-

Keno - Elora's eagle

Elora's loyal fellow and lecturing friend. Elora found him while he was badly injured. He has no memory of the time before he met her. Sometimes he got some odd feelings about his past.

-

Side view battle system (early WIP)

Epic and full animated battles against varied and also tough enemies await you! The battle system will be classical turnbased, where you have to proceed tactically to win the fight. It will not include a generic level system nor any grinding or equipping stuff, instead it will focus on your understanding of the synergy between Elora and Keno. Elora has a more passiv/supporting role, while Keno takes the active/aggressive part. To defeat your enemies you need to figure out their weak points and exploit them (no "enter bashing", yeah!). Use different abilities while managing your "focus" (working title): Attack, defend, use your abilities wisely and you will be able to handle the exciting challenges that await you!

-

Eagle System

You will be able to play Elora's eagle Keno! This will not just a gimmick, but rahter be necessary to fullfil quests and to handle some challenges. He can explore the map for you and is able to interact with objects. On top of this Elora and him can interact with each other. Keno can carry Elora for a short moment to cross cloughs or to reach higher places.

-

Various Gameplay Features - Prototypes

-

An epic journey needs epic music!

Tags :

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 651Member

Looks cool.

• HippoHippo Posts: 85Member

That's some fancy flying animation on the eagle! Really liking your concept and the main theme sounds like some epic fantasia. Looking forward to seeing more. ^^

• Mighty Mufflon GamesMighty Mufflon Games Posts: 25Member

@cybereality :
    Thx. : )

@Hippo :
    Glad you like the main theme. Shortly there will be a complete rework of the main theme.^^
    I hope you liked the other themes too. The link is a play list. ; )

I've been listening through the themes and I think you're a really talented composer. What program are you using to produce them? My own tracks I've been working on lately are pretty underwhelming in comparison. xD

@Hippo :
    To make clear. I'm not the composer and I'm not working on "Wings of Justice" alone!
    Have a look on our homepage.^^ There you can see the team. ; )
    We would be glad to have you on our Discord. : )

• GogetaXGogetaX Posts: 56Member

amazing progress man!
    i love this kind of games. keep the good work and keep us informed about new updates :)

• fire7sidefire7side Posts: 54Member

Climbing and swimming animations look really good.

@GogetaX :
    Awww, thank you! <3
    We will. ; )

@fire7side :
    Thx. : )

• MANDREWSMANDREWS Posts: 16Member

Really like the sprites. The camera zoom out when playing the eagle is a neat feature too.

edited March 7

@MANDREWS :
    It is always nice to read that there are people who like our sprites. <3
    I'm glad you like the zooming. : )

• justinbarrettjustinbarrett Posts: 153Member

I'm really kinda fond of that theme. :)

Hey there^-^!

Current progress:

We're trying to post something new every week.

(Added to "Various Gameplay Features - Prototypes" in the start post.)

@justinbarrett :
    Glad you like our concept. : )

that looks amazing man. keep up the work. love ur progress. your game looks somewhat playable already ^^

@GogetaX :
    Thanks for your motivating words <3 and cool thing that you have joined our Discord server. :3

• jbrooks79jbrooks79 Posts: 1,308Premoderated

Wow, awesome story .
    Reminds me : <3

edited March 8

@jbrooks79 :
    This comparision is sooo flattering! <3

@Hippo :
    The rework of the main theme is finished, if you want to listen ; ):

Of course the rest of you may as well. : )

Hey there :3.

More progress. =)
    First particle, shader and transition stuff. Nothing final or polished yet. xD

Nice progress! I really like that transition, and the theme is just awesome. Keep up the good work!

@Hippo :
    Thank you. :3
    There will be a complete OST for Wings of Justice. B)

edited March 22

Hey there :3 .

Another week gone by and so another update has arrived!
    This time it is more on the technical side, but we have some ideas to give it a proper look already.^^

Please share your feedback and ideas with us. =)

Maybe you want to support us by following on Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
    We would do the same for you. B)

The Environment of your game looks awesome! nice style you got there.

keep us updated

edited March 22

@GogetaX :
    Thank you a lot! <3
    I will!^^

• Z3R0PTRZ3R0PTR Posts: 25Member

@Mighty Mufflon Games said:

A story about friendship and the search of the inner self...

Good idea. The graphics looks very cool. The music is awesome too. Keep it on. :)

@jbrooks79 said:
    Wow, awesome story .
    Reminds me : ...

Oh yes. Long time ago. =)

@Z3R0PTR :
    Thank you! <3

"Good idea."
    I'm curious. Do you like such emotional thematics or do you mean the game idea in generell?^^
    Glad you like the graphics and the music as well. :3

We give our best to release a "tech demo" soon.

• Z3R0PTRZ3R0PTR Posts: 25Member

@Mighty Mufflon Games said:
    @Z3R0PTR :
    Do you like such emotional thematics or do you mean the game idea in generell?^^

Every Story is emotional, more or less and I like games in general. There are some very cool emotional and story driven titles out there. One good example for a setting like yours is Never Alone (Kisima Innitchuna). I played it with my daughter and it was fun. But I play nearly any kind of games. :)

@Z3R0PTR :
    Yes, I understand your point of view.^^
    I watched the "Launch Trailer" just now and it is so wonderful. <3
    Thx for telling me. =)
    With your daughter? I bet it was a nice time. : ) My wife and me also want children. :3
    And yes, there plenty of great games!

• SpinylGamesSpinylGames Posts: 8Member

I love the theme tune! I'm thinking that 2D flying games with RPG mechanics are pretty rare, and I like that idea if you could make it work. It actually looks more like a top down RPG with some flying mechanics, but you can always mix it up. The use of two player characters working together is nice.

edited March 25

@SpinylGames :
    "I love the theme tune!"
    <3 . I will tell our musican!

"It actually looks more like a top down RPG with some flying mechanics, but you can always mix it up."
    Yes, it looks like that, 'cause it will be a top down RPG with flying mechnics, but there will be more "Keno (the eagle) action".^^

"The use of two player characters working together is nice."
    Glad you like it.
    This isn't for reasons of game play only, but rather to emphasize the connection and relationship between Elora and Keno. :3