[SOLVED] Snapping in a gridmap

CT_EagleCT_Eagle Posts: 6Member
edited February 12 in 3D

I have made a wall tile and floor tile in Blender and successfully imported these objects into Godot. I have also added these objects to a meshlib and can place the tiles into a new scene. So far, so good. Now for my problem. The floor tiles snap together properly and the wall tiles snap together properly. I am having trouble snapping the wall tiles to the floor tile. See the attached image. How can I get the wall tiles to line up on the edge of the floor tiles? Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 1,828
    Accepted Answer

You should create corner and contact tiles where the wall and floor piece are part of the same tile in your 3D DCC tool of choice.

Answers

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 1,828Admin
    Accepted Answer

You should create corner and contact tiles where the wall and floor piece are part of the same tile in your 3D DCC tool of choice.

• CT_EagleCT_Eagle Posts: 6Member

Just so I am clear. Make a new object that has the wall and floor joined? Same with corners?

• CT_EagleCT_Eagle Posts: 6Member

I went ahead and made an object with the floor and wall joined. It worked perfectly. Thank you.

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 1,924Admin
    edited February 13

I switched the discussion to a question so you can mark the post(s) as the answer(s).

Also: Welcome to the forums!

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 539Member

Good to know. Glad you figured it out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file