available as volunteer: C++ or gdscript dev, interested in 3D or multiplayer games
I`m learning godot for 3D multiplayer games and want to exchange knowledge (for free).
Feel free to contact me https://github.com/blockspacer if you are:
- interested in 3D games, preferably FPS shooters
- interested in C++ game server dev. For example, lag compensation, UDP, client-server WebRTC datachannels
- interested in C++ web server dev. For example, grpc C++ microservice
What i offer:
- Knowledge exchange. For example - we both need multiplayer inventory system - i can contribute, fix some bugs e.t.c.
- Help with glsl shaders. For example: sky shader, animated health bar, animated progress bars, e.t.c.
- Help with C++ godot modules.
- Help with gdscript
- Help with client-server WebRTC datachannels, boost.asio, boost.beast, e.t.c.
What i can't or don't want to do:
- 3D modelling
- music or sound effects
What i want to know better:
- multiplayer: object collisions, lag compensation, e.t.c.
- path-finding in modifiable 3D word (players can move, build barricades e.t.c.) For example, https://twvideo01.ubm-us.net/o1/vault/gdc2018/presentations/Alain_Benoit_HierarchicalDynamicPathfinding.pdf
- open-world game illumination ( think about https://github.com/Zylann/godot_voxel )
- occlusion culling in godot, for open-world games
- DMC terrain https://github.com/Zylann/godot_voxel/issues/109
How i see knowledge exchange:
- If project open source - just send me link to github issue
- If project closed source - invite me to git repo with small part of project (for example, only inventory system) and send me link to github issue. May need to discuss non-disclosure agreement