Escape From The Void - VR Cooperative

Double SeptDouble Sept Posts: 6Member
edited March 30 in Projects

Update 03/08/2020: Demo version and "core" are now open-source

I'm releasing a new game made using the Godot Engine called Escape From The Void.

This is a new kind of VR cooperation game (only one headset is required).

One player, wearing the VR headset will be stuck in an impossible 3D platformer and the other will have to help him.

Only a free demo is currently available. Full game will be released Sunday (02.02.2020).

I'll be very glad to hear your feedback and comments (And how the game will be handling correctly, or not, the wide variety of headsets).

Here are some screenshots :

https://doublesept.itch.io/escape

PS : I didn't find a tag for "AR/VR" games

Tags :

Comments

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 3,073Admin
    edited January 31

Sounds interesting! I'll see about trying the demo with my VR headset (a Windows Mixed Reality headset) over the weekend.

PS : I didn't find a tag for "AR/VR" games

To the best of my knowledge, we do not have a AR/VR tag, though it makes sense to have a AR/VR tag since we have one for other platforms...

Edit: For some reason it is not letting me add any new tags (AR/VR or just AR and VR). I'll have to investigate more later when I have the time.

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,884Admin
    edited February 1

@TwistedTwigleg said:
    Edit: For some reason it is not letting me add any new tags (AR/VR or just AR and VR). I'll have to investigate more later when I have the time.

Found the problem, was quite simple, fixed it and added the tag afterwards. Note that the new tag still needs CSS styling.

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 3,073Admin
    edited February 1

@Megalomaniak said:

@TwistedTwigleg said:

Found the problem, was quite simple, fixed it and added the tag afterwards. Note that the new tag still needs CSS styling.

Awesome! I figured it was something I was missing, but I didn't have the time to look when I posted. Thanks for making the change! I'll see about updating the forum theme with CSS for the new tag.

Edit: Done! I choose the colors based on the OpenXR logo, but I'm open to making changes. I just wanted to get something out there real quick so the tag has some CSS.

• Double SeptDouble Sept Posts: 6Member
    edited February 1

@TwistedTwigleg said:
    Sounds interesting! I'll see about trying the demo with my VR headset (a Windows Mixed Reality headset) over the weekend.

Great!
    And thanks for the new tag!

I've released the main code and elements as open-source to help people know how 3D and VR work in Godot (or, at least, how I used it).

• organicpencilorganicpencil Posts: 27Member

Dude, this sounds like an awesome concept! I'll have to dust off my VR headset

It's a pretty good time for it... :/

Just uploaded a full demo walkthrough on YouTube =)

I just released a new version of the game on itch.io ( https://doublesept.itch.io/escape )

It includes:

• Five new levels (called the cube)
    • Record for each level groups
    • A new menu for level selection

-
    I couldn't test it with many headset this time (only my Valve Index). Should be fine but still interested to know if someone try it with another headset.

The level selection

The cube, viewed from the editor