Code Cube - a 3D program puzzle game

SIsilicon28SIsilicon28 Posts: 748Moderator
edited January 18 in Projects

Hello guys! I came up with a new game idea, and I though I might share it and my progress with you. So as the title suggests, the projects called Code Cube. It's a programming puzzle game. The idea is to use blocks of the code to move your little cube through a series of challenges. As you move through each level you'll be introduced to more complex things; such as loops, branches, variables, normal programming stuff. :)

https://github.com/SIsilicon/CodeCube

Tags :

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 926Moderator

Really cool.

• SIsilicon28SIsilicon28 Posts: 748Moderator

Progress report! I finally got a strong enough backbone for a coding interface! More features will be underway. :)

• antigravityturtleantigravityturtle Posts: 7Member

Nice! Seems like it could be a cool way of visualizing programming concepts for those trying to learn.

@antigravityturtle said:
    Nice! Seems like it could be a cool way of visualizing programming concepts for those trying to learn.

Yep! That's the general idea. :)

edited January 18

Hi guys! I decided to make a devblog on this project. :)

So yeah. The camera's now movable, the editor has improved, including undo and redo; and the ability to finally add nodes. What I think I'll do next is an editor for the 3D viewport, I plan on having a sandbox feature in the game, so that's a necessity.

Awesome concept.

@cybereality said:
    Awesome concept.

Thanks! However, I feel like this wasn't technical enough for a devblog. :/ Next time, I'll be more specific on what I do to achieve each task.

edited January 19

As a kid, I had a lot of fun with that Turtle program on Apple iie. Not sure it was supposed to be that fun for other people, the whole thing fascinated me. Though I knew what programming was from my Commodore 64, I think Turtle (LOGO) was the first time I used a computer to make graphics. Pretty influential. Not sure if they still do that in schools these days (maybe with Scratch?).

edited January 25

Another week, another devblog!

I just want to say that it's nice to know that there are some out there that like what I do.

Edit: Man! Looking back on that first GIF of the game, I have come quite a long way. But it isn't over yet! >:)

Nice video. I like the subtitles as I don't usually listen to the sound. Great job.

Here's my next devblog!

Going pretty well so far. Fun fact! I was getting greatly annoyed by a bug where when you close the game window (not with F8) it crashes sometimes! The worst part is that I don't even know what causes it. It just freezes, then crashes. :( It did that even on 3.2 stable.

edited February 15

Possibly the last devblog. Stupid real life stuff. >:(

I put of all of my devblogs and such on itch.io BTW.
    https://sisilicon.itch.io/code-cube/devlog/124934/my-code-cube-devblogs

That's too bad. I hope everything will be okay. Good luck on launching your game.