Free Female 3D Model - General Use and Application

jbrooks79jbrooks79 Posts: 2,241Premoderated
edited January 9 in Resources

I made this, if you want you can download it . .

Download location . .
https://gofile.io/?c=PvgM1u

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 1,022Moderator

It's a nice gesture, and I definitely agree with giving back to the community, but it would probably be more worthwhile if you finished the model first before sharing with others. I mean, it's a decent start but needs a lot of work, honestly. Thanks, though.

• jbrooks79jbrooks79 Posts: 2,241Premoderated
    edited January 8

Okay, here's the texture for it, 2048x2048, with areas for different things, on it . . It's good, a good start, for people . .

Listen, you seem nice, and I respect you, I do . . But, you don't have to be critical, it's a bit simple, and the face is missing, but it's unwrapped, and one can paint a face on, and then model it later, as one wants . . It's a good base mesh, for making any female, and I don't criticize what you, just saying . .

It's free, so who cares . . Don't know . . . Sorry, it's just a model, a figure . .

Yeah, it's all good, no hard feelings. I'm just trying to give constructive feedback. Like I said, it's definitely a good start but the poly count is really high, the topology is not optimized, and clearly missing detail on the face and texture, etc. I wasn't trying to be critical, but I understand how it could have come off that way. No worries though, I'm sure it will come out great once you're done. Cheers.

There are 6.800 vertices in it . . Most video games use 10.000 - 12.000 polygons for a main character, and 6.000 - 8.000 for cannon fodder npc's, that was on PS3 . . There was an article about it, somewhere . . On the PS4, current PC's, and even the PS5, worrying about polygons will probably not happen . .

But, the hands need work, there's no face, so people can do whatever they want, paint whatever . . It's just a start . . . :) <3 Then there's normal mapping, the character can easily be modified in sculpting, and the details can be bake on this, very easily . . With 6.800 polys, any computer can run it, easily . .

edited January 8

Here's an article about the game Ryse, I think it was an Xbox 360 game . . Xbox one, I was wrong . . .

30k is much ?
    Ryse characters have about 150k polygons.
    Polygon count is the least thing you should consider when you trying to optimize performance for PC game. Days when GPU could be choked by to many triangles are long gone.
    It is far more likely that you have to complex lighting, shader setup or to many object to render (please not objects not triangles!) and your CPU can’t keep up with sending enough data to process.
    If it was me, I would target characters of coop multiplayer game (8 player character) to about 100k tris, with lots of moving parts, cloth sim, and procedural animations.
    100k is for entire character. Including attached weapons, attached decorations, simulated clothing etc.
    For enemies. It entirely depends on scale. Big dragon will obviously have more than 200k tris, even if only to boost texture densnity trough vertex painting.

Posted, in 2017 . .

as others have said it depends on your target. But 92K for a single model is too much if that model is for a human model. IIRC, overwatch ingame characters has 60K tris, Ellie from Last of us has 15K tris. Some Uncharted models are around 22-25K tris.

It doesn't matter, it's a matter of taste and, choice . .

I get it and I understand. I'm just trying to help, but definitely do you.

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,884Admin

The trick is most of those games have multiple detail levels of those models. You only see a few of the fully detailed models on screen at a time, and most models are likely rendered at a intermediary/medium detail level most of the time.

I know, there's all kinds of magic, and hoo-hah going on, in the engine, it's tech . . :(

edited January 9

Updated the hands, and some other stuff, it's a good base model, for adding details . . It's free, that simple . . .

:) <3

edited February 1

Update : Here is the model, put a lot of work into it, so won't be giving it away for free from now on, need a free base mesh, also for sculpting, you can use this, donated to the public domain :) <3
    https://gofile.io/?c=wBM0gr

Trying to model the face details better . .

Work, on the head . . Will upload later . . .

:) :)

Here is the current 3D model, free, to download . .
    https://gofile.io/?c=uiucdd

Working on head, some more . .

edited February 16

I know it's not good, but the squares ( quads ) are starting to look good . . I will buy a structered light 3D scanner, and scan some mannequin heads, next month . .

I know it's a bad 3D model, but at least the quads look nice, Good stuff . . <3 :D

Added the ' raccoon mask ', also some edge loops around the mouth . .

This is the best, I can do . .

Download link : https://gofile.io/?c=IQfIDz <3

• SIsilicon28SIsilicon28 Posts: 757Moderator
    edited February 17

Ermmm...
    No offence, but I think you might wanna reshape the head a bit. Looks way too boxy.
    BTW, do you plan on putting in ears, and detailing the nose a little?

Yeah, will make nose better, of course, retopoing it is difficult, here's the model so far . .

@jbrooks79 said:
    Yeah, will make nose better, of course, retopoing it is difficult, here's the model so far . .

Yeah, that was kind of what I was saying before about the model having too many polys. Not because of performance or anything, but because it's harder to make changes when you are forming the shape. Looking at the wireframe, I would estimate there are anywhere from 2x to 4x the number of faces you actually need. And most of those faces are flat, they aren't really adding any detail to the model and just make your life harder. Not trying to be mean, I'm trying to help.

I know, and for an isometric game, this is too much, it won't be seen, like in 720p also, in Diablo distance, all the details are wasted . . It's just a practice start, it was for main character, in a TPS game, also for close-up cut-scenes . . Wanted to add normal map afterwards, as well . . .

I wanted to make Cindy Crawford as 3D, so I needed a lot of polygons to make her right, do her justice . .

• SIsilicon28SIsilicon28 Posts: 757Moderator
    edited February 17

Well in that case, just work with a low poly model + subdivision modifier. That way you can focus on the overall shape without having to manipulate so many vertices. Once you have the base shape down, then you can apply the modifier and add more detail.

edited February 21

Here's the model right now, in Blender . .

DL : https://gofile.io/?c=SFJBy2

8.600 polys, total, for the body . . Eyes are there, but very high poly . . :( <3

edited February 21

Now, with nose . . . On the 3D <3
    Download ( fixed link) : https://gofile.io/?c=9M2lba

Added a little more, finished the nose, complete . . Need to sculpt it, also has nostrils . .

Adding hair . .

Okay, here's the last part of the model I'm making free, since it's going from being generalized, or universal, sort of, to being ' my character ' now, for my game . . If you need a female 3D model, to get started, here's one, for free <3

Updated it, with ears . . The eyes are super-high-poly, like 3000 - 4000 verts . .

Total 10.000 verts, with hair, 9000 without . .

https://gofile.io/?c=mVwDSK

From now on I'll be making it ' my character ', for a game I'm making, so won't be uploading more, I think . .<3

Okay, I think I got the face as ' optimal ' as it can be, at least in terms of having perfect edge loop flow . . If you want to download it, it's free, please just modify the character, like move cheeks, other stuff, a bit, so it's not a copy, as I use this particular face, in a game, I am making, you can download it for study, or even modify it, for your own games, I think it's getting pretty good, hope you also like it <3

https://gofile.io/?c=G45JEj

Images, note that the eyelids and, other stuff, needs some work, to be really good, not an anatomy expert, will try to look more closely at eyes, from now on, to make it better, also, the ears . .

Here's what it looks like right now, also the hands are pretty nice, not in anatomy, but the details, flow of loops, and so on . . .

It's an improvement, at least, from the first image, I think . . .

Also, I plan to buy a 3D printer next month, and print one, 60 m tall, will paint it with RPG miniature paint, and have a character, from my game, on my desk, for fun . . .

Will post a 3D printer review, at some point <3