Exporting to Android

Gurgu99Gurgu99 Posts: 5Member

Ok so I've done everything. Got adb, jdk, the debuk keystore, and the signed keystore. I managed to export my game.But when I'm trying to install it on my phone It just says "App not installed" without any explanation. Please help

Comments

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,618Admin
    edited January 7

Things to check off the top of my head: Executable size, is it a debug build, and if your phone has a developer mode to turn on perhaps?

Note: not an android developer myself, haven't looked at that in years nor do I even use a smartphone anymore.
  • Gurgu99Gurgu99 Posts: 5Member

@Megalomaniak said:
    Things to check off the top of my head: Executable size, is it a debug build, and if your phone has a developer mode to turn on perhaps?

Note: not an android developer myself, haven't looked at that in years nor do I even use a smartphone anymore.

Well none of these, but thank you anyways.

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,637Admin

If you plug it in and start the Android console (Logcat? adb? I can never remember which is which), does it print an error? That might help debug what is causing the issue.

I did a quick Google search and found a few results that might be helpful:

It seems the most common issue is in signing the Jar file. I would double check to see if the signing stuff is setup properly and see if that fixes the issue.

(I'm also not an Android developer, nor do I own any Android devices...)
    edited January 7

@TwistedTwigleg said:
    If you plug it in and start the Android console (Logcat? adb? I can never remember which is which), does it print an error? That might help debug what is causing the issue.

I did a quick Google search and found a few results that might be helpful:

It seems the most common issue is in signing the Jar file. I would double check to see if the signing stuff is setup properly and see if that fixes the issue.

(I'm also not an Android developer, nor do I own any Android devices...)

Well I'm still trying lots of things but for now I'm gonna leave here the cmd and the godot terminal so you see what s the problem. It says that s a problem with the certificate in the cmd but I m using the default debug keystore for both release and debug and with the right pass and user.

Also tried to export it with Android Studio

Error:Internal error: (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException) com.google.wireless.android.sdk.stats.IntellijIndexingStats$Index
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.wireless.android.sdk.stats.IntellijIndexingStats$Index
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:382)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
    at com.intellij.util.indexing.counters.IndexCounters.(IndexCounters.java:34)
    at com.intellij.util.indexing.impl.MapReduceIndex.(MapReduceIndex.java:85)
    at org.jetbrains.jps.backwardRefs.index.CompilerReferenceIndex$CompilerMapReduceIndex.(CompilerReferenceIndex.java:232)
    at org.jetbrains.jps.backwardRefs.index.CompilerReferenceIndex.(CompilerReferenceIndex.java:79)
    at org.jetbrains.jps.backwardRefs.JavaCompilerBackwardReferenceIndex.(JavaCompilerBackwardReferenceIndex.java:12)
    at org.jetbrains.jps.backwardRefs.JavaBackwardReferenceIndexWriter.initialize(JavaBackwardReferenceIndexWriter.java:79)
    at org.jetbrains.jps.incremental.java.JavaBuilder.buildStarted(JavaBuilder.java:148)
    at org.jetbrains.jps.incremental.IncProjectBuilder.runBuild(IncProjectBuilder.java:363)
    at org.jetbrains.jps.incremental.IncProjectBuilder.build(IncProjectBuilder.java:178)
    at org.jetbrains.jps.cmdline.BuildRunner.runBuild(BuildRunner.java:139)
    at org.jetbrains.jps.cmdline.BuildSession.runBuild(BuildSession.java:302)
    at org.jetbrains.jps.cmdline.BuildSession.run(BuildSession.java:135)
    at org.jetbrains.jps.cmdline.BuildMain$MyMessageHandler.lambda$channelRead0$0(BuildMain.java:228)
    at org.jetbrains.jps.service.impl.SharedThreadPoolImpl.lambda$executeOnPooledThread$0(SharedThreadPoolImpl.java:42)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 927Moderator
    edited January 7

If you just want to test/preview, you can click the Android icon on the top right of the Godot editor. This will load the game onto the phone. As soon as adb devices is ready, that icon should appear. Make sure your phone is in developer mode, that the phone USB setting is set to media device or transfer files, that you've trusted your computer (it should ask you the first time), and that Unknown Sources APKs are supported.

You can also check your Godot editor settings under Android. It's possible one of the options is missing or misconfigured. Specifically you need jarsigner to be installed on your system and set to the right directory in Godot. Hope that helps.

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,637Admin

Looking at the errors with my (very) limited experience with developing for Android, it seems the exported APK is not signed, or at least that is what I can gather from the command line error.
    I would double check the Godot editor settings under Android like @cybereality suggested, and if that does not work, then maybe try manually sign the APK.

I remember reading on one of the Godot posts I found when Google that the apksigner can be used to manually sign an exported APK file. I have not used it myself, but it might be something to look at.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file