GDscript Animation player adding animations question..

justinbarrettjustinbarrett Posts: 178Member

So I am implementing some of my animations and I am not using the animation tree, but a strange switch case(match) system and I can play animations with the AnimationPlayer.play() function. I understand generally how to use the function(blending, speed etc), but I can't figure out how to blend two animations together...e.g. play("run_lower") + play("run_upper")

Comments

• justinbarrettjustinbarrett Posts: 178Member

begrudgingly, I've looked at the animation tree more in the docs..and it seems like that is possibly the only way to mix two separate animations together. Can someone please confirm or deny this?

I am putting my animation work on hold until I can get this worked out.

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 3,006Admin

Yes, animation tree is the one to use if you want to blend 2 skeletal animation together and play them concurrently on the same skeletal structure.

Thank you for your response, I'd rather just do it all in a script, but I guess..it is what it is...

edited January 5

EDIT: I used the filters, but the filters are not enabled by default(this is not user friendly...I guess..or I'm simply dumb :) )...in any case it seems to be *more precise now...but I'm not happy with the workflow...my thinking was I could blend between many animations all attacks + lower body movement, but the nodes only allow a single input and no switching AFAIK...so I will go back and just add those animations manually...it's a trivial amount of bloat if most of the actors share the same animation data.

That's not working like I expected at all..I might be doing something wrong...
    adding two animations [run_upper,run_lower] connecting them to either a blend_2 or an add_2...just blends them together and limits the movement(like the legs don't move as far etc)... even when using the bone filters...am I using it incorrectly?

ok, how did my post end up scaled up???

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 3,557Admin

@justinbarrett said:

Looking at the post, my guess is that the horizontal line right under the text was causing the text be scaled, which I didn’t know can happen. I added some white space and that seems to have fixed it.

it was no big deal, but thanks.

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 3,006Admin

@TwistedTwigleg said:

@justinbarrett said:

Looking at the post, my guess is that the horizontal line right under the text was causing the text be scaled, which I didn’t know can happen. I added some white space and that seems to have fixed it.

If you mean that this:

header
    ---

renders as :

header

rather than:

header

Yeah, that's normal to markdown.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights