[SOLVED] Community Link not working for ages

oliiixoliiix Posts: 8Member
edited December 2019 in Forum Chat

Is there any plan to bring the community site online? It's not working since several month... Why is there no information on the godot website about this, looks very unprofessional, i mean that's the one place new users would want to start, isn't it? Or is it just not working here in Switzerland and it's kinda access problem? =)

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 927Moderator

Are you talking about the Community button on the top menu? It's working for me.
    https://godotengine.org/community

• oliiixoliiix Posts: 8Member

Yes exactly, not working here hahaha. Now instead of a blank page i actually get an SSL error:

normally i could just ignore this message in firefox and say i wanna connect anyway but not with this site somehow

edited December 2019

Might be an issue on your computer or browser. I'd recommend checking if you have any add-ons that modify how HTTPS works (maybe like HTTPS Everywhere, etc.). It could also be a configuration on the computer. I've seen that error on other pages when my system time was incorrect (even off by a few hours can cause SSL to break). Hope that helps.

chrome:

I checked my system date, timezone etc, all correct. I'm a webadmin myself and all other SSL sites are working fine... This is the only one that has problems so I strongly believe it's the website itself

i think in my office it's not working as well... will check next year if no problem has been found on godots site

edited December 2019

it was my comodo firewall :S thought i tested this already, very strange! Sorry for the post :'D i do happen to use it in my office as well ;) thanks so much for your help @cybereality

edited December 2019

Yeah, there absolutely could be an issue on the site. I don't know. If you're in a different country, then you could be hitting a different web server than me in the US. Maybe you have different root certificates on your computer. Lots of variables here. Not sure.

I see, that makes sense. I used to use Comodo as well, but it ended up breaking too much stuff, and was constantly popping up, so I don't use anymore. I did run into a similar issues where I couldn't login to my own website and I tried absolutely everything (including wiping the whole server) until I found it was the virus scanning on my home router blocking some random Wordpress script (which was needed for logging into the admin panel on my blog). Glad to hear you figured it out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file