image not uploading !

urieluriel Posts: 59Member
edited October 12 in Forum Chat

hi, guys, i am wondering why i cant upload any images in the forum... i had done this before and it was no problem.
i dont see any reason why it says "error server [0]" .. i tried again a couple of time, without success
thx

Comments

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 1,665Admin

The add images button work just fine for me, and is the preferred way of adding images(uploads to imgur).

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 1,709Admin
    edited October 12

Hmm, maybe something got messed up when I was poking around and trying to find a solution to the categories issue... I’ll look into the issue.

Edit:

Seems the add image option is not available. If I had to guess, this is probably related to the file upload issue, or maybe because I didn't add .png and stuff to the file uploads it now doesn't work. I guess I'll need to continue to investigate.

• urieluriel Posts: 59Member
    edited October 12

i tried again today, and it seems to be fixed for me... thx
    also, one error that was occuring is the bad file format, i was first surprised but i discovered that some web browser´s shields are making this error, in particular Brave ! thats normally doesnt affect image upload on forums.

Edit: i did upload a png and it works fine ;)

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 1,709Admin

Great! I'm glad it is working.

From what I can tell, it seems to be tied to the issues we are having with file uploads. It used to be that anyone could upload to any topic, but for some reason now we have to specially mark which categories can have uploads, rather than marking the topics we do not want to have uploads. Thankfully the users on the Vanilla forums are helping us look into it, so hopefully we'll be able to find a solution soon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file