Save Quest

zerohitzerohit Posts: 8Member
edited September 27 in Projects

Hello, this is my first project.

The game is a 2D sidescrolling shooter freely inspired by an old Atari game called Seaquest. However, some modern elements were added to create a different experience. It was developed by one person using Godot engine and Inkscape.
There is more info at the page of the project.

http://gangorragames.itch.io/savequest

Tags :

Comments

• ZoeyZanidooZoeyZanidoo Posts: 35Member
    edited September 25

Hi! I played your game on a break, I died a lot :P. How do you get power ups? I saw the bullets, grey and yellow, and the enemy subs going across, and two divers near the bottom, but nothing else.

Ok so I tried again and I think the screen is cut off, I can't actually see below the tip of the green grass. I'm on windows 64, 1920x1080.

EDIT: I just now noticed that there isn't actually a HUD at all like the screen shows, that part is also cut off at the top.

• zerohitzerohit Posts: 8Member
    edited September 27

@ZoeyZanidoo said:
    Hi! I played your game on a break, I died a lot :P. How do you get power ups? I saw the bullets, grey and yellow, and the enemy subs going across, and two divers near the bottom, but nothing else.

Ok so I tried again and I think the screen is cut off, I can't actually see below the tip of the green grass. I'm on windows 64, 1920x1080.

EDIT: I just now noticed that there isn't actually a HUD at all like the screen shows, that part is also cut off at the top.

Hello! Well, some enemies causes more damage than others, if you still didnt get any passive power ups, such as life, it can be one hit kill. At the second screenshot you can see from where the power ups come. The passive ones comes from the enemies with that small bag below (on the top right of the second screenshot) and the active power ups comes from the boxes (also in the second screenshot). You can carry four at the same time and when they are used, they free space for other ones. The player also can replace them just getting one while other is selected. But this doesnt make sense if you can't see the hud. I tested in some resolutions and gone well, but i will take a look what can be happening.
    Thanks for the feedback. I would challenge you to get to the end :P but without HUD is not possible.

EDIT: I tested in 1920x1080 on Linux and Windows 10 64 but the screen was not cut. In fact, the aspect of the game is uglier than it is on the original res, i know why but i really wanted to finish the game more than take care of all the details. Its a matter of scale all the sprites to the proper resolution and i willl handle this in the future projects. Its important to say that the area the player can move is bigger than screen, did you noticed that? So, the tip of the grass you see is not the limit, if you move down you can see (and access) the entire environment (the same to left, top and right). But the point is the HUD not be showing to you. Do you have any idea about that? Some software you use that can be affecting? Or something i should do, because the position of the scenario items are all set relative to the screen size, but the HUD is on a different layer. Anyway, i will do some more other tests. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.
    Thanks again.