Pixelorama - Your Free & Open Source Sprite Editor
I've only been using Godot for a some months now, and it never fails to impress me on how easy to use it is, yet so powerful. I started making my own sprite editor called Pixelorama entirely within Godot, using GDScript. And today I'd like to share it with you!
Pixelorama is a free & open-source sprite editor, available on itch.io as a Windows and Linux stand-alone executable, and its source code is available on GitHub! v0.6 currently supports things like:
- Choosing between 6 tools – pencil, eraser, fill bucket, lighten/darken, color picker and rectangle select – and mapping them to both of your left and right mouse buttons.
- Are you an animator? Then you've come to the right place! Pixelorama has its own animation timeline with Onion Skinning just for you!
- Different colors, brush sizes and brush types for each of the mouse buttons.
- Custom brushes! Load your brushes from files or select them in your project with the selection tool, and they will get stored in .pxo files!
- Random custom brushes! Every time you draw, expect to see a different random result!
- Pixelorama has a multiple layer system! You can add, remove, move up and down, clone and merge as many layers as you like! You can also rename them, and change their opacity!
- Import images and edit them inside Pixelorama. If you import multiple files, they will be added as individual animation frames. Importing spritesheets is also supported.
- Export your gorgeous art as PNG files. Exporting your projects as spritesheets is also possible.
- Save and open your projects as Pixelorama's custom file format, .pxo
- Undo/Redo support!
- Multiple theme support! Choose a theme from Dark, Gray, Godot, Gold and Light!
- Horizontal & vertical mirrored drawing!
- Tile Mode for pattern creation!
- Split screen mode to see your masterpiece twice! And a mini canvas preview area to see it thrice!
- Create straight lines for pencil, eraser and the lighten/darken tool by pressing Shift. If you also press Control, you can constrain angles with a step of 15.
- Generate outlines for your images!
- The middle mouse wheel isn’t forgotten, you can use it to pan around the canvas and by scrolling up and down, you can zoom in and out!
- Keyboard shortcuts! We're pretty sure this is a lifesaver for most of you.
- Rulers and guides!
- Creating a new canvas with a size of your choosing.
- Scale, crop, flip, color invert and desaturate your images!
- English, Greek, German, French, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian and Traditional Chinese localization support!
If you like Pixelorama's potential, you can consider becoming a Patreon, or donating via PayPal or Ko-Fi! All donors will have a special role in our Discord server! Or, if you don't want to provide financial help, you can contribute to Pixelorama's source code on its GitHub repository and, of course, spread the word!
Thank you very much for your attention, and happy painting! For more details on the project, please check out our website and the blog posts!: https://www.orama-interactive.com/pixelorama
And make sure to join our Discord community server where we talk about Pixelorama, as well as the rest of our projects: https://discord.gg/GTMtr8s