Pixelorama - Your Free & Open Source Sprite Editor
I've only been using Godot for a some months now, and it never fails to impress me on how easy to use it is, yet so powerful. I started making my own sprite editor called Pixelorama entirely within Godot, using GDScript. And today I'd like to share it with you!
Pixelorama is a free & open-source sprite editor, available on itch.io as a Windows and Linux stand-alone executable, and its source code is available on GitHub! v0.5 currently supports things like:
- Choosing between 6 tools – pencil, eraser, fill bucket, lighten/darken, color picker and rectangle select – and mapping them to both of your left and right mouse buttons.
- Different colors and brush sizes for each of the mouse buttons.
- Support of two types of custom brushes: "From files" and "per project" brushes. Custom brushes from files get loaded from the "Brushes" folder that comes with Pixelorama, and per project brushes get saved with the rectangle select tool.
- Creating a new canvas with a size of your choosing.
- Are you an animator? Then you've come to the right place! Pixelorama has its own Animation Timeline just for you!
- Importing PNG and JPEG images, and edit them inside Pixelorama. If you import multiple files, they will be added as individual animation frames.
- Export your gorgeous art in PNG format.
- Save snd open your projects as Pixelorama's custom file format, .pxo
- Undo/Redo support!
- Horizontal & vertical mirrored drawing!
- Tile Mode for pattern creation!
- Split screen mode to see your masterpiece twice! And a mini canvas preview area to see it thrice!
- Create straight lines for pencil and eraser by holding down Shift while you draw.
- The middle mouse wheel isn’t forgotten, you can use it to pan around the canvas and by scrolling up and down, you can zoom in and out!
- Keyboard shortcuts! I’m pretty sure this is a lifesaver for most of you.
- Just like onions, Pixelorama has a multiple layer system! You can add, remove, move up and down, clone and merge as many layers as you like!
- Rulers and guides!
- Scale, crop and flip your images!
- Greek localization support!
If you like Pixelorama's potential, you can consider donating via PayPal or Ko-Fi, both can be found on our website as well as the GitHub repository. All donors will have a special role in our Discord server! Or, if you don't want to provide financial help, you can contribute to Pixelorama's source code on its GitHub repository and, of course, spread the word!
Thank you very much for your attention, and happy painting! For more details on the project, please check out our website and the blog posts!: https://www.orama-interactive.com/pixelorama
And make sure to join our Discord community server where we talk about Pixelorama, as well as the rest of our projects: https://discord.gg/GTMtr8s