Wastework - 3rd person sewage worker simulator

defomortdefomort Posts: 3Member
edited September 25 in Projects

Wastework is a 3rd person fantasy sewage maintenance simulator with light puzzle and exploration elements.

You are a maintenance worker on their evening shift. On your back is a powerful hose you will use to slash away at clots and blockages throughout a maze of tunnels and drains, snaking through one of the city's massive cisterns.

Tags :

Comments

• SchusterSchuster Posts: 363Member

@defomort Welcome to the godotforums!
    Your exploration project looks great....keep it Up!...the atmosphere is nice.

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 1,671Admin

Ditto. Welcome and looks like a good start, keep it up!

• defomortdefomort Posts: 3Member

Most of the original concept, including all the above ground sections, have been scrapped and replaced with everyone's favourite game environment: sewers =)

You will play a sewage maintenance worker and, with your trusty water cannon, set off into the city's depths to clear away whatever is causing the blockage. Gameplay consists of light exploration, and breaking up clots of waste with your powerful hose. The deeper you go the more dark and hazardous things will get, so good thing you know what you're doing...

I'll be posting more regular updates and screenshots on Twitter (@defomort) if anyone is interested.

• Ace_DragonAce_Dragon Posts: 312Member

It's nice to start seeing more 3D game projects arrive on this forum, it really proves that Godot is getting better in this area.

It will be interesting to see what this turns into.

• SolarLuneSolarLune Posts: 37Member

This is an interesting concept, and I like the approach you seem to be taking so far. Sewers are frequently uninteresting places in games, but there's a lot of room for experimentation and ideas (lost cities, giant machinery, waterways and dams, etc). Looking pretty cool so far!

• defomortdefomort Posts: 3Member

Video update!

@SolarLune said:
    Sewers are frequently uninteresting places in games, but there's a lot of room for experimentation and ideas (lost cities, giant machinery, waterways and dams, etc).

I am constantly baffled when I hear sewers are the worst parts of games, like how do you wander around all day irl not wondering what it's like down there while this is going on: