Big Mos - 2D Platformer game

mketmket Posts: 4Member
edited August 13 in Projects

**Big Mos™ is a charming little squirrel who is ready for an adventure.

Fight your way through in four different themes and save the world in upcoming Big Mos Game.

Genre: 2D Platformer with pixel graphics.
Platforms: Windows, Android.

Officially the Big Mos game project started at the end of January 2019. We created multiple ideas for our next game, but in the end, we wanted to create a game about our character ”Big Mos”, who we invented back in 2015. Originally Big Mos was a side character for another (abandoned) game, but we thought Mos was too cool and interesting to be just a side character. So we created a game just for the Big Mos, but this second game wasn't so good either, so we abandoned it too.

In 2017 we created some first versions of this current Big Mos game, but again we weren't really happy with it. Graphic style and the gameplay was quite different in these versions, compared what it is today. However some of the parts from these versions are still in this current version.

Between 2015 and 2019 we had many other game projects that never saw the publishing day. We learned lots of great lessons with those little projects so the time wasn't completely wasted.

In January 2019 we decided to create the Big Mos game and keep the genre as a ”2D pixel platformer”, so we could use the old material what we had created earlier. We made as specific documents and plans for the game as possible, but still we were flexible for the changes and improvements as the project moved on.

One big challenge we had with this project was, that the game was created with Godot, which we had never used before! First we were cursing the engine(Godot), but when the project proceeded and we succeeded to create everything we wanted with it, we are now actually very pleased with Godot engine. I’m sure our games in the future will be made with Godot also.

The game is developed to be a nice gaming experience with both mobile and PC. Now we are at stage where we just fix bugs and polish the game.

Game will be released in August 2019

Tags :

Comments

• Ace_DragonAce_Dragon Posts: 312Member

So happy you found Godot to be a great engine to use, as hundreds of volunteer developers have spent a lot of time and effort to submit patches in order to make the engine more usable for their own projects.

Yes, the workflow is different, but it can turn out to be an advantage compared to other solutions. The game looks great by the way.

• mketmket Posts: 4Member

@Ace_Dragon said:
    So happy you found Godot to be a great engine to use, as hundreds of volunteer developers have spent a lot of time and effort to submit patches in order to make the engine more usable for their own projects.

Yes, the workflow is different, but it can turn out to be an advantage compared to other solutions. The game looks great by the way.

Hey, thanks for the comment Ace_Dragon! Yes big thanks to the developers and everyone who has been involved.
    The workflow with the engine is great and i really like the idea of how the nodes work. Biggest issues with the engine we faced was the annoying bugs(project started with version 3.06), but obviously the engine version 3.xx is till so young and evolving fast.
    Considering the fast development of the engine, i see a great future for Godot.

• ChimaereJadeChimaereJade Posts: 31Member

Cool project, looks very promising and seems to offer some variance in gameplay!
    Are there different planed difficulty levels? I ask because some parts maybe could be a little bit faster paced (the submarine, the time until explosion of the bombs of the scarecrows, the jumps to destroy the crates). But maybe this is just my preference. :)

Respect for your work - hope to see you sucessful!

@ChimaereJade said:
    Cool project, looks very promising and seems to offer some variance in gameplay!
    Are there different planed difficulty levels? I ask because some parts maybe could be a little bit faster paced (the submarine, the time until explosion of the bombs of the scarecrows, the jumps to destroy the crates). But maybe this is just my preference. :)

Respect for your work - hope to see you sucessful!

Hey ChimaereJade! Thanks for the comment and sorry for a little late reply. The game has one difficulty level, but there is though a star rating after every level, so better players can challenge themselves by chasing the maximum rating.

The game is made with the terms and limitations of mobile (touchscreen controls for example) and we have balanced between the difficulty and the pace of the game to make the best possible gaming experience we can.
    Appreciate your feed back, thank you!

Hello, I'd like to proudly announce that Big Mos Game is now ready and available for Android and Windows for FREE and with no ads. Give it a try if you like! =)

Links:

Mobile version on Google play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.BigMosGame
    Windows version on Gamejolt: https://gamejolt.com/games/bigmosgame/430226