Details of a mesh not showing up

TaFroggoTaFroggo Posts: 2Member

Hi,
Im kind of new to godot and i ran into a problem making my first bigger game.
I created a new envyronment node, so I could make the sky black, and the details of my refridgeurator mesh have dissipeared. my fridge looks like a tall box.
How do I make the details show up?
Thanks in advanced.

Best Answer

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 1,620
    Accepted Answer

It looks like the lighting angle is different with the environment node, so the shadows from the details are not being cast.
    Maybe try enabling SSAO and see if that helps? Or perhaps color the texture slightly darker around the details so the details can be seen even if a light source is directly on it.

Actually, taking a closer look at the picture with the environment node, it looks like you have shadows disabled or something, as the edge of the counter also doesn't have any shadows.

What are the settings of the environment node? Maybe the ambient light is too high or something.
    (Side note: welcome to the forums!)

Answers

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 1,620Admin
    Accepted Answer

It looks like the lighting angle is different with the environment node, so the shadows from the details are not being cast.
    Maybe try enabling SSAO and see if that helps? Or perhaps color the texture slightly darker around the details so the details can be seen even if a light source is directly on it.

Actually, taking a closer look at the picture with the environment node, it looks like you have shadows disabled or something, as the edge of the counter also doesn't have any shadows.

What are the settings of the environment node? Maybe the ambient light is too high or something.

• TaFroggoTaFroggo Posts: 2Member

@TwistedTwigleg said:

Thank you for the help!
    enableing the sso didnt help, but it did create a cool effect i could use later in my game.
    I endid up just adding lights and lowering the ambiant light by a lot.
    Thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file